Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seriously when will this weather depart from our shores and leave us with just a little sunshine? I'm starting to lose the will to live...

2012 didn't exactly have a decent summer then one of the wettest winters on record, is just a couple of sunny days to work on the bike or at least get a glimpse of decent riding weather too much to ask?

How does everyone else get through this time of year?

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Seriously when will this weather depart from our shores and leave us with just a little sunshine? I'm starting to lose the will to live...
Been saying this myself. getting depressing isn't it?

Reactions: BobA

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Worse still I don't have a garage anymore so I can't even tinker with the bike - rain stops play dead now the other half has banned motorbike parts from the house :(

Following one of the wettest winters on record, are we in line for one of the hottest summers? I'm sure someone was talking about global warming but not seeing the signs

·
Bloody furriner
5,010 Posts
By taking the train a lot. :-(

This morning I did go on the bike, sun was out, bloody cold though at -5 in a stiff breeze with the exo2 vest apparently not working anymore. Oh well, it beats snow.

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Worse still I don't have a garage anymore so I can't even tinker with the bike - rain stops play dead now the other half has banned motorbike parts from the house

That is absolutely outrageous!! She happily played along with the "biker chic" status, and helping you clean up bike parts, when you popped in to collect your wheel. Get your revenge in 3 days time!!!

:D

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
She still helps cleaning up the parts but only outside now. Something to do with me spraying autosol all over the wall and her pile of clean and freshly ironed clothes when I got a little enthusiastic with an electric polisher on the bash plate.

Some people are just so touchy sometimes...

Won't have helped I've ruined the patio and its furniture with overspray and accidentally killed all her plants with parts degreaser

She's either going to cave in soon and we can move to a house with a garage or she will leave me - either way I'm going to get to work on the bike inside :)

·
Registered
129 Posts
Stay inside and imagine your riding through the Alps on a sunny summer afternoon

As I type this it is snowing outside! Sunny South my a**e!

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have a car and no matter how much I enjoy driving it (although squeaking windscreen wipers in the rain are no fun and by the way f*ck you halfords I'm not paying £60 each for wiper blades) it doesn't cure the 2 wheel cravings...

May have to fly somewhere hot and hire a bike before I lose my mind, where's good and not second mortgage prices?

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Get the right gear and ride it :toothy4:
Been commuting in winter for a while now and I must say the only time I dont use the bike is when we got iced up snow or I cant get up the on ramp on the A13. I think I had only 5or so days in the last 5years where I did not make it to work.

·
DILLIGAF
1,685 Posts
What Vader said. Get warm protective gear, and ride through it. Even snow can be huge fun on the right bike in the right circumstances.

·
Registered
752 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I commuted to work in central London all last winter but got fed up with dodging morons on their mobile with the visual observation of Ray Charles and I started getting so angry - at one point I actually followed someone all the way to their house so I could give them a piece of my mind - not good for my mental health and well being (although did feel good at the time)

I was taken out at a set of traffic lights by a scooter of all bloody things and the last straw was being made into a bonnet ornament by a chav jumping through a red light.

Winter and commuting is def off the cards - the only correct gear for me would be an Armoured Personel Carrier :)

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Get the right gear and ride it :toothy4:
Been commuting in winter for a while now and I must say the only time I dont use the bike is when we got iced up snow or I cant get up the on ramp on the A13. I think I had only 5or so days in the last 5years where I did not make it to work.
Most people don't have blood streams coarseing with alcohol to use as anti freeze Do they Pete :hitler::D

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
How do I get through winter,?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I get through it knowing I will get at least two weeks of sunshine while on my annual holiday and hope and pray we will get some dry weather in the meantime.
Everyone is getting techy in this sunless spait we are having and it must end soon, pleeze god make it stop, we neeeeed sun and warmth:cool:

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
I was driving along the A55 coast road last friday, and there was something odd about the surface. It took me a couple of seconds to realise what: I could see shadows! It's been so dingy lately, they actually looked odd. If we get another duff summer, I'm going to ask for my money back.

·
Registered
27 Posts
A wise man once told me if you live in the uk and don't ride in the rain and cold then you will never ride especially up here in Glasgow.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
531 Posts
I rather like the winter - log fires every night, winter ales, snow, wind, it's all good. A duff summer is considerably worse than a harsh winter! As for the bike, as already said, good & warm gear, a decent screen & heated grips make it all enjoyable, plus the @ shrugs of the weather better than most.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts