Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 177 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just been thinking about the website.

If we setup the website a brand for The Longest Day, not about any ride.

Then have a page for the current ride and page for past rides.

Future rides would be easier to add, and the whole site wouldnt re-need done each year. basicall the ride moves to the past ride and new is add.

just a thought

I will get a free web host setup tonight, so you see what i am thinking

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
Doesn't DaveS host the site on the XRV server?, any template you use will have to allow online registration (is this something you can do?)
Some of the free hosts do not run all the fancy plug-ins on their servers so also may hinder online registration :thumbup:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Doesn't DaveS host the site on the XRV server?, any template you use will have to allow online registration (is this something you can do?)
Some of the free hosts do not run all the fancy plug-ins on their servers so also may hinder online registration :thumbup:
I havent a clue where it is hosted,

I know free hosts normally add banner etc

it was just to show the idea i have thats all, if okay move it to live host

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
The current site (used for two years now) is a wordpress site. It can be radically overhauled by anyone with a knowledge of wordpress. I can give a webmaster some help or train up a few people in how to add content. I won't be able to commit long-term though. Posted by Whealie in the Planning thread.

Bazza I would suggest you speak to DaveS who does host the TLD web site on his server.

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
The current site is hosted and a wordpress site. This means anyone with a password and log in can get in and add material. We can archive what is on there and start again.

Happy to help get started, just cannot commit to loading each and every rider's details etc. But I can show you how it is done.

happy to spend a few hours with people one weekend getting it started.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
The current site is hosted and a wordpress site. This means anyone with a password and log in can get in and add material. We can archive what is on there and start again.

Happy to help get started, just cannot commit to loading each and every rider's details etc. But I can show you how it is done.

I have been talkin to daveS about the website, i have a template almost ready to go.

I might pick you brains now and then about wordpress if thats okay ;)

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

Chris,

Here is a pic of what i was going to do, i dont think it should be to hard

can you let me know your thoughts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
heres the pic

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
DaveS is creating a dev area, so something can be setup offline

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
heres the pic
That looks pretty much like the theme we ave and it can easily be adapted to that. I'd need to look at the exact image size etc but should be no probs to get something very similar.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That looks pretty much like the theme we ave and it can easily be adapted to that. I'd need to look at the exact image size etc but should be no probs to get something very similar.
Dave has kindly setup the dev area, so we dont have to touch the current one, i have asked him to copy the current site over. once he has done that i will PM you the details.

I was/am going to have a look and play, to see what i can do. Dave has also gave us access to a database, which could be used for the rider details as they register, then this could be use to populate the rider area :thumbup: saving re-entering them

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have knock this up for the last few days at work :D

The content needs sorted, but it more for the layout.

I have tried to create a generic site, aimed at being about 'The Longest Day' Event and what we, the XRVers do. one page for current ride

you will need a usernm and password to access the site. its in developement area, until we have something we are happy with.

username xrvdev
password xrvdev

http://tld.xrvdev.org.uk/Website/home.php

let me know what you think...... ;)

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Looking good Bazza, but like your posts, we know what you are talking about, but check the gramma and speilling, not saying I am a graduate in English, but you no wot I mean :angel5:

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Looking good Bazza, but like your posts, we know what you are talking about, but check the gramma and speilling, not saying I am a graduate in English, but you no wot I mean :angel5:
Yup. Wot that man said. :thumbup:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I no doin the content, i know my gramma is sh**e, thats where u guys come in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I fink it's the bizzz. Kan de content bout the previous rides on the old websyte b transfered over for the prefiouz ryders sektion?

:thumbright: Brillant job mate
just what i was thinking............:thumbup:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
have a looky

http://tld.xrvdev.org.uk/ (looks like a newspaper)

if anyone whats to have a look for a theme feel three, look for wordpress theme's

post the link here and i can have a wee looky

1 - 20 of 177 Posts