Honda XRV Forum banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Feck all ! don't beat yourself about it, it hasn't cost us any money at the moment, only our time, we have done good, we have the web site (great job), we have artwork for t's etc (great job), relax ! if the forum want an event they will get one, but it looks like at their pace, not ours ? and if it costs them a bit more, that's their problem not ours, we have done what we can do, now it's up to them. Don't get despondent, it will happen but in time :confused: hopefully.

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #142
I think I know what has happened

The button to register with facebook, which puts them on the facebook page/application. I think peeps think that's them registering for the ride. :rolleyes:

I have add a little bit below the facebook link to say otherwise

'
Using the register with facebook does not mean you have registered for the ride. To Register click here
'

http://www.thelongestday.org.uk/

I think a post needs put in the Forum to say the same thing, i think thats where all the confusion is coming :confused::confused::confused:

As my england is that ged, u guys can do that :D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I have put a link on our website to Biker.fm, so we get our event on there website. its worth a shot

I need a banner 610x90 to send to them, Russ can you help please :thumbright:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I have put a link on our website to Biker.fm, so we get our event on there website. its worth a shot

I need a banner 610x90 to send to them, Russ can you help please :thumbright:
Yep I'll get on it tonite........definately this time, I've had a bit of a hectic couple of weeks at work:(

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #145
should we,Tom. post something in the forum to ask about feedback on the new website layout?

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #147
I think the header needs raising a little, as Tower to Tower is very close to the main home page :confused:
The header has been redone/resized and reuploaded and its still the same :confused:

Something in the code of the website must be changing it size / moving it, as its a template, we have little control over that.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
I haven't trawled through all of the posts, but has anyone spotted that the outgoing ferry on the website is said to be in 2010?

Excellent work, all!

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #149
I haven't trawled through all of the posts, but has anyone spotted that the outgoing ferry on the website is said to be in 2010?

Excellent work, all!
Ferry :confused:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #150

Excellent work, all!
sorted :D

·
Sir FallofaLott
5,060 Posts
Nick the marketing/copywriter/copyrightexpert/webmanager/legalbod has just signed off the TLD website as now complying fully with their exacting standards!!!
Thanks to Barry for having the patience of a saint and getting it sorted.

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts
Two number 1's

Two riders have registered to be rider no 1 ? someone is going to be dissappointed if they have paid for decals. Bazza you were going to add a click counter any news on this ? all looking thou :thumbright:

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #153
fixes the numbers,

A click(hit) counter is not a good thing to add to website. I have reading up on the best way to increase traffic/search engine hits to our website. Basically do's and don'ts

We have to have links to other good sites, that are motorbike / travel / charity related. A click/hit counter isnt any of these. If we link a bad site to our site, it decrease our rank and postion in the search engines.

So for example, a very bad site (bad site = crap/copied content) using the click counter we use, then thats a bad link, well my understanding anyway.

The best way to increase our website is

Clean layout :thumbleft:
Good Orginal Content :thumbleft:
Gammar and Spelling :thumbleft: (Tom did that one!!!):D
Two ways links to good rep sites - Working on it

Posting new content / News on a weekly Basis at least - which we are not doing.

But if you want to know the stats, just let me know and i will post them

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #155

·
Senile member, who r u ?
1,364 Posts

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I have just Yahoo'd bing'd Google'd ask.com'd 'the longest day'

We are on the first page of all, but on ask the longest day 2009 (www.thelongestday.org) was above us.

On the website dashboard, there is a quick press section. Mark & Tom you both should be able to use this.

As my England is too great, cause me fae scotchland, i will leave it you two to put news thingys. ie. thank yous etc. basically anything that peeps should know about

When you create them, try to use the follow keys word which i think we need to use, start with a small number it see if this helps.

The Longest Day - We seem to be okay with this one, but more should help get near the top of the page (with the spaces Tom, as its a spelling mistake by the autobots)
Charity
Motorbike Rally/Ride
Charity Event/Ride

the Autobots that search our website creating the key words hitlist, look at the gammar and spelling also, so it needs to read great. Over using the Key words can also have negitive affect.

at least 1 new News thingy a week, will help, but more is better. but dont just put one up if there isnt anything worth putting up. We can put stuff up about other charity motorbike events too. The basic guildlines if it about motorbikes, charity events, jobs a goodin.
Crap Content have a negitive affect.

I hope that all makes sense!!!! :D

·
A Scotsman....
773 Posts
Discussion Starter #159
Bazza Can you Pm me the access codes again, sorry to be a pain :confused:
Use the login with facebook button, then just under your name is has 'edit profile' click, then in the top left click dashboard and in the top right is the quick press section.

I have already given your account access

141 - 160 of 177 Posts