Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I think a buddy and i have got the green light on a jaunt to wales tomorrow night. Not fussed on getting 1000 miles nailed but more of a see the best bits of the Brecons on some cool roads. Hes coming from dorset and they are letting me out of Ilfracombe so looking for a cheapt b+b or hostel to crash out fri and possibly sat too.

any suggestions would be most welcome as i dont want to miss the best bits?

cheersly..

dom

·
Born to Slide
1,741 Posts
Don't bother petrol is £2 per litre they ALL speak Welsh the roads have all been straightened out and thereis an import tax on motorbikes of three times it's value.

Vaccinations are needed and the country is in the grip of a drought each night and floods during the days. Oh yes and there are sheep everywhere with a right of way and a death wish!!!

I might venture out purely as research - my advice seems to keep the roads clear!!!

Ha ha seriously by all means come and visit and enjoy safely.

Weather is looking good so the Beacons should be great although they can get busy and watch out for the boys in blue ( often disguised do not it obvious blue!)

There are others who will give you details on the Beacons but if you gobs bit further west over Dyfynog to Sennybridge where there is a petrol station and cafe - great food and cheap then west on the A40 to Llandovery for the West End Cafe - bikers galore on Sat mostly Sun then you could go out to Llangadog and over the Black Mountain - pretty and twisty - lots of routes to get you back onto the motorway for the ride home.

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
Chepstow - Usk -Abergavenny -coffee - Llanthony Priory and up and over Gospel pass (trust me) to Hay on Wye down to Brecon visitors centre for lunch (great spot). A470 south turn right onto A4059 to Hirwaun (good blast with views) A465 East to just past Methyr and head South across Gelligaer common. End up near Caerphilly and onwards home.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Chepstow - Usk -Abergavenny -coffee
That bit is superb. Make sure you take in the B4235 from Chepstow through Llangwm then A472 into Usk and then out on the B4598 until you hit the A40 just short of Abergavenny then into Abergavenny on the A40. If I'm up that way on a Sunday, I'll drop into the coach stop on the right as you go through for a bacon sarnie and a coffee.

Have a great ride :)

·
Mines a big red one
6,178 Posts
Chepstow - Usk -Abergavenny -coffee - Llanthony Priory and up and over Gospel pass (trust me) to Hay on Wye down to Brecon visitors centre for lunch (great spot). A470 south turn right onto A4059 to Hirwaun (good blast with views) A465 East to just past Methyr and head South across Gelligaer common. End up near Caerphilly and onwards home.
Cracking road with a good surface, however it's unfenced and the there are literally hundreds of sheep feeding along the edges. Be careful because a lot of of them have kamikaze tendencies

1 - 7 of 7 Posts