Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen a couple of very strange films this week, on Monday Night we watched Inglorious Bastids, I don't like Tarrentino but actually quite enjoyed this strange film.

Last night we watched District 9, what a bizarre film, didn't hate it but not sure if I actually liked it. Enjoyable watching, sort of but very very odd and not what I expected at all

Ah well, that's it really :D

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Pulp Fiction is one of my favourite films. Kill Bill on the other hand I can take or leave and Reservoir Dogs is just gruesome.

Inglorious Basterds was another rip rorter. Not typical Tarantino (but the clues and recurring themes were there) and highly enjoyable all the same.

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Must say i like most of tarrantinos movies but what do you mean with weird:confused:

ever watched 2001 Space odyssey:D

Life of Brian

Holy Grail

Matrix trilogie

Trainspotting

Dejavu

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Korean films have to be up there with the weirdest - 'I'm A Cyborg...', for instance...
Mind you, Adam Sandlers little known Punch-Drunk-Love is pretty bizarre, opens with a huge car crash, which is never explained through the film :confused:
Still got to see District 9... other half wouldn't go to the cinema for it :roll:

·
Matron
12,080 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Typo error or just the wine????????
BIG bottle of Stella actually :D

How very dare they:rolleyes::rolleyes:
what have i ever done to the welsh that i deserve such unjust treatment:(:D:D

I know, the bloody Welsh run over your feet, drag you to Bavaria to freeze in the snow, and then force you to come and drink lots of beer for a whole weekend. :D:D:D

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,031 Posts
Must say i like most of tarrantinos movies but what do you mean with weird:confused:

ever watched 2001 Space odyssey:D

Life of Brian

Holy Grail

Matrix trilogie

Trainspotting

Dejavu
I once started mucking about switching languages on the Life of Brian DVD. The sermon on the Mount scene (Shut up big nose, blessed are the cheese makers etc) in German is bloody hilarious.:teeth:

·
XRV750 RD04
1,549 Posts
I really enjoyed inglorious basterds.

District 9 I felt similar. Couldn't quite make my mind up if I liked it or not (though it's grown on me a bit since). I think it was it's low quality video'd tv documentary feel that seemed a bit jarring, but that perhaps adds to it I think.

If you like weird films you should check out this one:

The Loved One (film) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

One of the strangest films I've ever seen (but also one of my favourites). Based on an Evelyn Waugh novel. Has a sort of B movie feel to it with a strange storyline, but it's oddly littered with loads of big stars (often playing bit parts).

·
Craigypops
6,747 Posts
IB was not too bad, it was a bit weird but then again it was Tarrantino so i was expecting it. It was obvious from the synopsis that it was a film to just sit and watch and not think too much about.

D9 was rather a good film in that it was not your typical Independance Day drivel, spouting the same old rubbish, but, rather an insight into what could actually happen if we were to take on alien refugees. It had enough action in it to keep you hooked but filmed in a docu-style for that realism feel.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts