Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Space Emperor
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi lads!

I've started to notice a slight knocking on the right footpeg when in 4th gear. Maybe 2-4 knocks pr second. It's very weak or non-existant in lower gears. It goes away completely if I pull the clutch very lightly.

Anyone knows what this might be?

Cheers!

·
Registered
92 Posts
Loose clutch springs might cause it. My RD 07 has a slight "clacketty" noise that stops when I pull in the Clutch lever. Reading various posts on this forum I have gathered that a noisy clutch is a common concern on the AT and should not be worried about, unless of course the noise is truly alarming!

I also read a post somewhere here, about a chap who fitted small washers within the clutch basket between the basket and the springs (inside the cavity where the springs are located).

For good measure do tighten all bolts and nuts around the frame / general area of the food peg (bash plate, center stand, side stand etc).

·
Registered
75 Posts
Slack in the clutch cable where it attaches to the arm going into the gearbox?
Another common issue is worn out mounting rubbers for the bash plate which can cause a nocking/vibrating noise.
Otherwise as above, probably rattly clutch.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Sounds like the bash plate ..... had it happen before. Just grab the bash plate and pull it away from the engine

·
Space Emperor
655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So sorry, guys - for some reason I wasn't notified of your replies!

I am actually missing a bolt on the bash plate, but it's not really that kind of rattle. More like a knocking, a few knock pr second, and only happens in 4th gear. I guess it must be connected to the clutch ... or how about the output shaft? Could it be the bearing that's failing? Anyone knows the symptoms of that?

Thanks again!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts