Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just seen this info, looks like a save for HG is on the cards:

Press release - A buyer has been found for one of the UK's leading motorcycle clothing and accessory retailers, Hein Gericke (UK) Ltd, which entered administration at the end of July. Appointed administrator, Moorfields Corporate Recovery, has confirmed an offer has been accepted which will enable the 'Hein Gericke' brand to continue its presence in UK towns and cities.

The sale of the business is expected to complete in early September and until then the last of the stock will continue to be sold with all items reduced by up to 60%. All clothing has at least 40% off and all helmets have at least 30% off.

Simon Thomas, joint administrator at Moorfields Corporate Recovery, said: "It is great to see that such a well-known brand and high street presence as Hein Gericke has been rescued. It is apparent that the name is held in high esteem and is a byword for quality in the industry.

"The buyer sees the potential for the business to overcome the recent economic pressures which have impacted over the past few years."

·
Administrator
1,781 Posts
Just seen this info, looks like a save for HG is on the cards:
Thanks.. please keep us posted.
Let's hope this actually comes to pass. And that the HG quality is maintained...... their stuff wasn't particularly cheap, but of good quality. I hope they keep the current network of shops ... and existing staff too.

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
518 Posts
Hurrah for that - I was beginning to wonder where now to go for gear! My Gericke stuff has always been good, and sensibly priced too compared to the 'designer' brands.

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
Thanks.. please keep us posted.
Let's hope this actually comes to pass. And that the HG quality is maintained...... their stuff wasn't particularly cheap, but of good quality. I hope they keep the current network of shops ... and existing staff too.
i agree about the jobs, i dont want to see any firm closing down.
but disagree about the quality, 15yrs ago when i started riding HG were top of the range, made in germany prices but you got what you paid for. these days its made in vietnam/pakistan dodgy sizing, rubbish zips, badly designed pockets your goldfish can come with you on your ride. youre fine if youre a medium sized bloke then you can get their version of an XL that fits properly, but what if you are really an XL? they dont do up to XXXL on most of the range any more and a kid in a pakistan sweatshop doesnt realise a bloke with a 50" chest probably doesnt have the same size arms and neck as a M bloke etc. you can get better for less looking elsewhere. hopefully the 40% off will make them more competitive

1 - 6 of 6 Posts