1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
773 Posts
This is shameful, and obviously bad for bike tourism in Scotland, but the report doesn't clarify who nicked the bikes or why.

Were they put in a van by professional thieves, or nicked by local bal1bags out for a joyride round the estates?
Were the ATs targeted because they are easy to nick, easy to sell on, or just because they were the closest to the van?

It's not going to stop me hitting the Highlands in August...

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They have been a lot of bike thefts in Edinburgh lately

There are scunners world wide

Hotel has a wee bit to answer for here as they were parked on the road.

And loaded up too...

Sh1t bags

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
Ah, the great divide strikes again viz Highlands compared to the central belt :(
Feel gutted for these guys, Fountain bridge hotel ?? don't know the area that well, if it had been certain other parts of the city I would have expected something :confused:

Al, you're quite safe up here for the time being, you'll be up before Salmond puts the blockades up, he might as well put them up at Erskline bridge for all the good it'll do us up here :mad:
Give me a shout when you're coming up, working at Ardnamurchan during the week, but might manage to scootle off for a wee bimble or two ;):D

·
Registered
154 Posts
To ride these bikes away through a built up area the scumbags must have had

Bike thieves hang em.Modern day horse rustlers.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Give me a shout when you're coming up, working at Ardnamurchan during the week, but might manage to scootle off for a wee bimble or two ;):D
John, it will be the last week of August, Sun-Thurs. We'll be staying at Spean Bridge and doing rideouts from there, probs heading north Mon & Tues. Weather dependent of course... would be good to meet up anyway.

·
Deer Dodger
3,199 Posts
No worries Al, send me a pm nearer the time and we'll hook up :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Absolute nightmare... Thieving scum!!:mad::mad::mad: All Africa Twins too. They probably nicked them as they were more "off road" than the others. To have something nicked within less than 24hrs just goes to show you can't leave anything for 5 minutes. Were they locked up or just left on the street? Boils my p*ss... They found one burnt out, so looks like local joy riding scum. The owners must be gutted!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts