Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, allow me to introduce myself, online name and real nick name is Xander (short for Alexander) 8) . Some of you have had the pleasure or displeasure of contact with me, over various bits :) . I have just picked up my new (to me) AT 2000 RD07 in black :D :D :D , on Sunday from the peak district. It is already equipped with muvo touring screen, scottoiler, alpo rack with panniers (e.g. Chad), oxford heated grips.. and will be covered with lots more before I am done..huhahahaaaaa… :twisted: .ah sorry.. :oops: . This will be my 2nd AT the first was a german ‘89 RD04 red white and blue, but the boys in khaki (customs) would not let me bring it back to Oz :cussing: . I have a ‘83 rallied to the gills xtz630 there… still love that bike but the AT :) just is so much more of everything that one is… But now I have a new toy and am thrilled. :D First ride was pure pleasure, 1.5 hours of grinning (my cheeks still hurt). The wind was horrible I saw a caravan with attached maverick get thrown across the highway barrier (not a good thing!) :( .. But the AT handled the wind and rain better then the car we drove up in, :eek: :eek: how cool is that... The seat on the RD07 is worse then the 04 (which is amazing) :? .. so if any one has the address of those guys that do the seats for 25£ that would be great. Other then that first impressions is that there are a lot more grunt there, it would happily pull from 70 to 80 with a thought.. and to 90 with have a twist.. Oh how I miss that pull ..:love4: .. well not much else to say about that.. the bike functioned perfect. Although I think I need to up the cold idle just a touch. Other then that I am looking to change the end can.. want to lose the weight.. but I like the sound of the standard can..(I know this is not a popular opinion.. but I like quiet).. any (serious) suggestions? Need a centre stand, should I go Honda genuine, or what? Also crash bars it is a toss up I really don’t know the quality difference between all the brands! Who has had luck with what? Will fit very soon a AQ low fuel light. Oh there really is lots of toys to add..

Lets see I splashed out on a system 5 helmet (no blue tooth).. as I wanted flip face, but wanted quiet, I have to give it high marks, the fit it great (predominantly ‘cus you can get a lot of half sizes not jut s,m,l,xl) so that is all good. It was quiet, as along as I did not open the chin vent.. if I did it sounded like I was in a helicopter.. I know it is screen turbulence, but there you go… I am also not sure I like the position of the face opening button. I opened my helmet 2x while moving it around (as you do).. Other then that at the price I paid, which was nicely discounted from the BMW dealer as they ordered the wrong size for me so I had to settle for a different colour, it was cheaper then many other helmets out there, it is extremely nice. I think I will try the Bluetooth later on in the year when SWMBO gets her gear sorted… and see how that works..

Other then that I will see some of you on Saturday.. :drunken:

Well i was gunna post a pic but cant figure out what i type after (img).. so you will have to wait till some one smarter :study: then me teached me [/img]

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Are you implying i did not follow the letter of the law :shock: .. I would never think of breaking any velocity limiting laws :lol: ...

·
aka Oxbone :)
1,514 Posts
Who mentioned speeding.....

I was just observing that if it took you 1 1/2 hours to travel such a short distance you must have stopped off at several places of interest or maybe stopped to ogle your new pride and joy...

M'lord...

G

·
i've got SW-Motech crash bars and am very happy with them. You can get them from this sites very own caveman (Paul Cave). He sells all sorts of lovely stuff for big trailies, in fact those panniers you have came from him. Here's his site:

http://www.eibcltd.co.uk/

On the topic of exhaust, i know what you mean about the nice quiet noise but when you get a nice can on the loud bark is just so good!

Hope you enjoy a brilliant bike.

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for that simon.. I had already decided that if i did go sw bars they would befrom caveman.. but i read a few posts back that no one can find him as he is touring around some where the lucky (£"%$$£...(I am at work today... just for the record it is a really dumb thing to do buy a bike sunday and go to work monday.., you dont get anything done and all the non bikers around you get sick of you talking about it.. or you boss catches you on the net looking at bike stuff.... ) oh well..

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
good to hear you got the bike and alls well dude :D looking forward to seeing you and the bike at the meet on sat 8) 8)

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
Xander said:
First ride was pure pleasure, 1.5 hours of grinning (my cheeks still hurt).
Yep, you will have to do something about that seat :D

·
A man without Ale.
2,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Chad,,, bike is great.. :D unfortunately the lowered pannier rack don't fit with the keg of an end can on the back so i had to raise them back to standard.. This means an after market pipe is a real must now... 8). . Oh yeah i have not moved the indicators yet, do they look okay on the rack thing?see you in a few days..

Ceri.. it was Australian customs that would not let me bring the bike back there.. The little buggers changed the laws after i bought it.. no as an aussie i had to own the bike for over 18 months.. but my contract in germany was only a year and i pissed off after 9 months.. :wink: so they said no... so i lost my all time favorite bike (till now) and a couple of grand on euros... not a happy camper :cry:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Nice one Xander, I'm just North of S-O-T on the Cheshire/ Staffs border and on the edge of the Peak District, see you on Saturday :D

1 - 11 of 11 Posts