Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
And all I can say is, as much as I loved my 1100 in days gone by. My 2001 Vara is a match for the 1200.... More grunt... Great handling. Poor fuel:confused:
Seriously, after now having covered a massive 1500 Miles on the Vara, I cannot understand why some people say they are a soulless bike. May be its my end cans but its got plenty of soul, and rock and roll as well for that matter.

It's becoming a contender for my best ever bike.

Rode DavidGibsons 2009 vara too, not much between them IMHO. But I reckon he will get more MPG with the six speed box, I never got passed fifth around here but enjoyed the closer ratios.

New Battlax on the way as my rear is now completely fekked...

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Also rode a 1200 to the top of the Healey pass.....

·
Registered
106 Posts
Aye, it was interesting to swap bikes - really couldn't see much difference in the two bikes.
However I'll be changing away from Trail Attacks after riding your bike with the 020s!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Aye, it was interesting to swap bikes - really couldn't see much difference in the two bikes.
However I'll be changing away from Trail Attacks after riding your bike with the 020s!
Indeed ordere online a new 020 David forthe rear as I am happy with them:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
As long as you had fun then the rest is just clutter.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
I've run o20's on mine for years, i'm never gonna take it offroad so don't see the point in tyres like that just to look offroady with a rear 020 being around £90 best value outhere and in the wet they stick to the road like s**t to a blanket

·
yet another Dave
2,854 Posts
didnt think you could get 020s anymore?

had 020s on my sprint ST, good but i tried road attacks and never looked back. thats why i have trail attacks on the varadero, i know i can trust them and they're good value

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
An epic saga, but one which highlights why I run a Honda! I've toured Europe many times on the Mighty Varadero and haven't even had to adjust the chain!
I'm not posting to bash the Beemer, just to reiterate my Honda doesn't have the reputation or the price tag of the Beemer, long live the mighty Varadero, whether in it's 1000cc guise, or bring on the new improved 1200! :thumbup:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
Here, Richie! If you're in Allihies, are you going to come to Garraun Point on the 19th of June to meet the TLD posse? I think there are two or three Varas amongst the 70 odd bikes, and there may be some beer or stout... :rolleyes:

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here, Richie! If you're in Allihies, are you going to come to Garraun Point on the 19th of June to meet the TLD posse? I think there are two or three Varas amongst the 70 odd bikes, and there may be some beer or stout... :rolleyes:
Ya never know, I might....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts