Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well its come round again. I live in Weston. Anyone fancy joining me and going down to the beach race on Saturday and Sunday.

I can't offer accommodation but I can offer a meeting point, copious amounts of tea/coffee/refreshments, usual facilities, etc...

I think racing will start at 12pm so if there are any takers we could meet up at 11am at my house and take a ride down. I live 15 mins away.

It really is quite incredible if you haven't seen this spectacle before. 1000+ bikes screaming down the 1 mile straight is quite awesome. Well worth the effort.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Dave

I'd be up for this. The only slight problem I can foresee is that on Friday 22nd I leave my current company, and tradition dictates that there is a serious beer session in the evening. Thus an early start on Saturday is extremely unlikely. :wink:

What's the format for the 2 days, is the Saturday a qualifier for Sunday? Do different classes race on different days?

Iain

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,037 Posts
Don't forget to take photos. I want to see you leading the race all the way round. Show them what an AT on Trailwings can do eh!!

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well its an awesome line up.
I don't know all the names, but here's a few.

Colin McRae (yes the rally driver!),
Stefan Everts,
Kenny Bartram,
Paul Edmondson,
David Knight (won many times before),
Bigfoot (The monster truck not the Yeti)
Travis Pastrana (yes thats right....199 himself)
Paul Winrow
Josh Coppins
Jussi Vehvilainen
Yoshi Atsuta
Andy Bell
Josh Coppins
Carl Nunn
Kawasaki UK
the Weston Gorilla
plus over a thousand other competitors

Also heard that a Honda factory team will be there.

The event list is as follows and dramatically different from the last years:

Friday (night) - Street stunts & freestyle motocross (subject to council approval)

Saturday
10:00 - 12:00 Monster Truck Racing
12:00 - 15:00 Sidecars and Quads
15:00 onwards Freestyle and Stunt Demo

Sunday
10:00 - 11:00 Kids Mini Weston Race
12:00 - 15:00 Main Solo Bike Race
16:00 - 17:00 Monster Trucks Grand Final

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
YEN_POWELL said:
Don't forget to take photos. I want to see you leading the race all the way round. Show them what an AT on Trailwings can do eh!!
Damn I've got Anakee's on so can't do it!

There was someone last year trying to do it on a KTM big bastard thing. They didn't last long!! I think the drop out rate is something like 75%.
Personally I prefer watching the quads and sidecars than the solo's.

I have plenty of video if I can work out how to convert it to be suitable for viewing on the web I'l post some up.

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
DaveS said:
Sunday
12:00 - 15:00 Main Solo Bike Race
16:00 - 17:00 Monster Trucks Grand Final
Well that's sorted that then. I'll be down Sunday for the solo bikes and monster trucks! :twisted:

[To show them how it's done I should ride pillion on Dave's bike... facing backwards to get some good video/stills! :lol: ]

Iain

1 - 6 of 6 Posts