Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Finnmark (N) -IMG_6337.jpg

What´s your plan for 2017?
Our "list" for next year: a short trip over the Alps in early summer and from late September on for the rest of the year through Spain and Portugal.
Where are you going to ride in 2017?

Cheers

Frank

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
When my son finally gets his first bike on the road after passing his A1 motorbike test recently I am hoping to head off "up north" and visit Sweden and hopefully Norway to enjoy the wild rugged nature that these two countries provide like camping ,fishing and canoeing and all that good outdoor stuff..
As Sweden is only 100 miles away from where I live,I think we will wait until spring.:thumbup:
We could drive 100 miles"down south" to Germany but theres too much traffic.
Anyone fancy joining us? :D:D:D

Happy new year everyone.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
lose a few pounds I am gone as fat as **** from shoving chocolate sweeties and potato crisps and what ever into my chubby face all over shitmas and also try to not get beaten up by an angry mob again . that might sound strange to you . if it does then you have obviously never gotten beaten up by an angry mob . I think I might get karate lessons too to help fight off angry mobs and an air compressor if I cant beat them up then I could blow them up or at least inflate them to the correct pressure and it would be nice for working on bikes . I also plan on hardening the **** up and lightning the **** up .

·
Registered
530 Posts
Have nothing planned whereas this time last year my European trip was all sorted and the family August fortnight in the sun was even booked

Talks have been had with former bruv in law about doing the NC500

And I help organise a weekend rally in Cumbria at Haggsbank Bunkhouse in either April or May

So this year looks like being lots of stuff I don't yet know about

John

·
Registered
942 Posts
My plan for this year had been to ride down to the south of france, hop on the ferry to corsica, which i've heard is beautiful, hop on another ferry to italy , then head back through switzerland and france,
unfortunately i had to put those plans on hold for 2016, hopefully i can make that trip in 2017

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My plan for this year had been to ride down to the south of france, hop on the ferry to corsica, which i've heard is beautiful, hop on another ferry to italy , then head back through switzerland and france,
unfortunately i had to put those plans on hold for 2016, hopefully i can make that trip in 2017
Toi, toi, toi = good luck that it will work in 2017!

Cheers

Frank

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As Sweden is only 100 miles away from where I live,I think we will wait until spring.:thumbup:
We could drive 100 miles"down south" to Germany but theres too much traffic.

Happy new year everyone.
Yes, Sweden seems to be the better choice!
Compared to Scandinavia Germany is really crowded and on top of that the north is rather boring landscapewise.
The only argument for going south for you would be the price of beer :)

Cheers from the south (Köln) & a happy new year!

Frank

·
Commuter Extraordinaire
505 Posts
Plan for 2017 is S. America, starting in October. The route will be not dissimilar to that shown on your own route map although I'm keen to include Surinam where there are family connections. We (me & wife) will possibly take my Africa Twin with a Ural sidecar fitted rather than two bikes.....we can both pilot it whilst the other relaxes/navigates etc. Or we could fit the chair to my wife's NC750S DCT. I will make sure I read the SA part of your book over the next couple of months!
Regards for 2017.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Yes, Sweden seems to be the better choice!
Compared to Scandinavia Germany is really crowded and on top of that the north is rather boring landscapewise.
The only argument for going south for you would be the price of beer :)

Cheers from the south (Köln) & a happy new year!

Frank
I lived in Bavaria for 10 yrs so know all about the food and your wonderful bier gardens and festivals.
I even managed to pick up the language too including the bier drinking songs...
I really really miss frisch warm leberkas semmel mit susser senf ,blood and leberwurst.....:toothy10::toothy3::toothy10:
I find the German language much easier to speak after four or five large fass bier.......hic! :teeth::teeth::D
Every spring we would head off over the mountains into Austria and Italy to blow the cobwebs off after the harsh cold winters.
Now I just want to see some Fjords and mountains and do some fishing for my dinner.
Nothing in this world for me beats cooking a fresh caught salmon or trout and cooking it on an open fire with a couple of biers.
Happy new year to you too.:thumbup:

·
Hill Rider
3,106 Posts
Current rough plan:-

Attend Taffy Dakar Apr-May

then from Much Welshness :rolleyes: :thumbup: catch a boat to Spain, then
Picos Europe then Portugal north to south orf road, then visit eldest sibling in southern Spain

Mid year to the Autumn - attend a couple of tinternet forum rallies - ABR, ADV Scotland, Big Traillie, UKGSer etc etc etc

Steve T

:cool:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Artic Circle in Norway next June...maybe even carry on to Nordcap .
If your passing through Denmark on your way North, free beers ,free camping and breakfast is available to anyone who rides by my place.:thumbup:
I live on Fyn in Denmark which is on your way so bring some teabags with you...:teeth::teeth::teeth:
The more the merrier.;)

·
Registered
546 Posts
If your passing through Denmark on your way North, free beers ,free camping and breakfast is available to anyone who rides by my place.:thumbup:
I live on Fyn in Denmark which is on your way so bring some teabags with you...:teeth::teeth::teeth:
The more the merrier.;)
Jolly nice offer of you. You Danes are very welcoming.
My rough plan was to go via Aalborg where I have a friend then on to Hirstals for the ferry to Kristiansand. ..where I have another friend...it's true..it's have more than one friend :thumbup:. As I said a rough plan but I'll definitely keep your offer in mind. Thanks

·
Registered
546 Posts
My offer has just been withdrawn as you called me Dane.:sad2::sad2::sad2:
I,m a Scouser born and bred that escaped Blighty under Thatcher and moved abroad.;););)
Its true what you say about the Danes though :thumbup:
Hey! Hey! Calm down our kid.. Undskyld. My missus us half Danish and half Norwegian . :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Hey! Hey! Calm down our kid.. Undskyld. My missus us half Danish and half Norwegian . :thumbup:
No problem mate ,offer still stands ,very forgiving us scousers are especially as your missus is probably related to the Vikings and we dont want to mess with them after what they did to us last time they invaded..:thumbup:
De robbed all are chickens an goats de did.:teeth::D:teeth:

·
Registered
49 Posts
From home to Central Asia (Through Balkans, Turkey and Caucasus, ferry toTurkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, Kyrgizstan).
If everything is fine I'll go on otherwise I'll leave the bike in Kyrgizstan.
Then BAM & Road of Bones till Magadan.
If everything is fine I'll go on, otherwhise I'll ship the bike.
Back to Mongolia, Kazakistan and back home

Around 40000 km in a row, May / June to September :thumbup:

·
Registered
546 Posts
No problem mate ,offer still stands ,very forgiving us scousers are especially as your missus is probably related to the Vikings and we dont want to mess with them after what they did to us last time they invaded..:thumbup:
De robbed all are chickens an goats de did.:teeth::D:teeth:
True. I may be in touch and I'll be bringing the tea bags ��
Happy new year to you and yours.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Artic Circle in Norway next June...maybe even carry on to Nordcap .
There may be some bike festivals going on in June over here,I will have a look in my crystal ball....
These Danish bike meets can get a bit rowdy if there is alcohol and loud music involved.
Roasting pigs and sacrificing young Danish virgins ,its a viking type of thing....:grin::grin::grin:

·
Registered
546 Posts
There may be some bike festivals going on in June over here,I will have a look in my crystal ball....
These Danish bike meets can get a bit rowdy if there is alcohol and loud music involved.
Roasting pigs and sacrificing young Danish virgins ,its a viking type of thing....:grin::grin::grin:
Haha...I can see this is gonna be a tough trip ��

1 - 20 of 51 Posts