Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did 1264+ miles since friday, it did not matter if I thrashed it or took it easy the bike just kept going.
I have just checked the oil level, it is exactly between the high and low marks, so no oil used.
I was lucky in the seat was comfortable as standard and apart from stopping for fuel and coffees I had no other reasons to stop and walk around.

·
Registered
533 Posts
I agree, I commute 210 miles each way at weekends and never have any problems. I have done 450 miles on open motorways on the continent in a morning and arrived feeling fresh and ready. A really comfortable bike, though I am considering a taller than stock screen on my 700, purely to keep the flies off my lid!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Took my daughter out on my first real TA pillion run on Sunday. Once I got used to the raised centre of gravity (bit more noticeable than my old Pan!) we had great fun and the 700 has enough grunt to happily pull up hills at above legal speeds. Amazing motor. :cool:

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Took my daughter out on my first real TA pillion run on Sunday. Once I got used to the raised centre of gravity (bit more noticeable than my old Pan!) we had great fun and the 700 has enough grunt to happily pull up hills at above legal speeds. Amazing motor. :cool:
The V-twin was why God invented motorbikes... or is the other way around? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
With just 80miles on the clock prior to TLD I can totally agree!

Haven't looked at the clock yet but over 1.5k miles out of the box with no issues at all. Run the first 300 with gentle throttle and no trashing required in Ireland. Ride an amazing trail up the Gap of Dunloe which was almost off road and again, no issues, not a rattle!

·
Registered
417 Posts
I have to agree with the above sentiments. I have a new VFR in the shed and it has not been out since oct last year. I bought my first Alp in Jan then traded it in for a newer model just a month later. Im new to the "Trailie" scene and not at all confident when "off piste", as was demonstrated on sunday when i dumped the Alp :( while negotiating a steep part of an old military road at Corgarf. Only thing damaged, was my pride. I picked the bike up and expecting a lot of damage, and was delighted to find only a couple of very small scratches to the fairing. The Givi bars earned their keep for sure.:thumbup::blah5::blah5:

·
Registered
181 Posts
Can't agree more. After all the crap I had with my last bike it's a delight to straddle my Alp Lola with the confidence I now have knowing that it ain't gonna let me down anytime soon.

Did 720 miles in 3 days, to and from Wales, and enjoyed every one of them. My mates got a bit jealous when we all needed to stretch our legs without having the time to stop only to look round to see me standing up on the pegs in a relaxed position with my legs pretty much straight.

We did some great mountain roads and on some gravelly bits of road Lola did exactly what I wanted him/her/it to do.

Can't wait to slap some boxes on the back and go touring again. TLC next year and another long weekend to Wales is already on the books.

·
Xi dwejjaq member
921 Posts
What a fit

What joy when the motorcycle fits either the he or the she or both concurrently, and it all together all goes smoother and faster, and lasts much, much longer.
Bliss.

·
Registered
897 Posts
Oh to be younger and fit enough to do some serious miles again, you lot have got me slavering with envy! enjoy it while you can ------- hell were has the time gone LOL :thumbup:

Chris

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Re: What a fit

What joy when the motorcycle fits either the he or the she or both concurrently, and it all together all goes smoother and faster, and lasts much, much longer.
Bliss.
I am more surprised that after all that milage over the weekend the only thing stopping me getting back on the bike is I am still tired. I am covered in midge bites, but I have no sore spots from so long in the saddle.

·
Older, but no wiser!
3,836 Posts
Re: What a fit

Bliss.
Eee Lad, you have gone all Zen on us!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts