Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I missed the channel 4 program on Monday called How Britain Worked presented by Guy Martin but have just watched it on 4OD. Well worth a look if for no other reason than listening to Guy's down to earth obsevations on how the old railway workers had to really graft for a living. Seeing the steam engine being restored was nice, I like that old stuff, perhaps it's an age thing? :rolleyes:

Andy.

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts
In which case, you and me both, as I enjoyed it too :rolleyes::thumbup:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
I'm with you there Andy :thumbup: enjoyed it myself and have series linked it ;):D

·
Grumpy auld man!
1,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm with you there Andy :thumbup: enjoyed it myself and have series linked it ;):D
Oooh, posh you are, none of that fancy technology up here mate. :wink:

Andy.

·
Registered
2,288 Posts
I missed this but heard it was good. reminds me of what my father said to me when i was in my early 20's he said when i was your age boy there was no fat on my belly i looked after myself,
for a living i was turning screwdrivers all day (electrician) he was shovelling tons of coal into the boilers of steam trains all day no wonder he was fit. he also said they used to take a dump on the shovel and throw it in the boiler they also used the same shovel to fry their bacon and eggs on :eek:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Yes I enjoyed the programme, Guy martin has a down to earth presenting approach, although in the series about the boat he was trying too hard to get the "eh cheif" catch phrase of the ground and make it his own. Not this time though, very good. Also the wild woodland programme tonight was good (bit off track but worth a mention)bbc4

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
Can't bloody watch it here...:(
Hi Andy.
try " expat shield " it slows the system down painfully but it's worth it for some of the programmes shown "back home" and some of vids hosted here with music issues

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
Aye, a good program, saw him at the bike show at Alford, Aberdeenshire, last year signing autographs, looked pretty fed up but a decent sort of guy (excuse the pun!).
Really good to see a nice down to earth person doing so well, racing and on TV.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts