Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi all
After a recent off in Morocco the bars got bent followed by another off that just so happened to straightened them back,but another couple of offs have got me thinking its time i got some after market bars.The last off bent the bars so much that the rubber sleeve that inserts into the top yoke had to be taken out for inspection.I was surprised to see that the rubber sleeve had taken the brunt of the impact and only had to be re-aligned....the bars went back on but are slightly kinked....i think having 25mil bar risers on doesn't help with the strength as they seem to act as a lever.Anyway...the question is which bars do i go for....i know renthol do good bars but do you know of any others?Touratwat only seem to do bars for the xr650.
Thanks in advance

·
Generalissimo Tea Boy
6,036 Posts

Renthal Enduro High. Kills the vibes so you can junk the bar end weights.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
What's the difference between Enduro and Dakar High?

I'm going to order some bars today - I've put it off for long enough, dammit!

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Also this is a really stupid question but if you don't have anything in the end of the bars, where do the BMW hand guards I fitted screw into? :confused:

·
Registered
546 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
much like Yens Renthal Enduro High's, i use the same spec but in the 'fat boy' fitting. no question Renthal last better than most and the quality is guaranteed (but expect to pay for it!)
Still haven't decided on what bars to buy.Twin wall Enduro are 85 quid from web shop i found.....and Fatbar are abit cheaper....20quid or so cheaper....anyone here got experience of the 2 of them?Not fussed about the price....i just want the best quality and most practical bars.:rolleyes:

Thanks

1 - 8 of 8 Posts