Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
It's insurance time again and I have started on the comparison sites as I do every year, but the problem is declaring changes to the vehicle, I have a 700 Transalp that when bought had every tour tech
accessory fitted, sumpgaurd, spot lights, crashbars, panniers, brake protectors, gear lever, brake lever, headlight guard,carb protector, bark buster hand guards, I have fitted a wired in sat nav and intercom. When asking comparison companies for quotes most of them would not allow more than four changes
and refused to quote. If I only mention the main changes am I still covered? Insurance companies tend
to wriggle at the slightest inconsistency, any one else come across this problem ? Your advice would
help, thanks

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
I'm insured with e-bike they are on line and have quite a comprehensive list of tick boxes for almost every mod, when i spoke to them about it they said they only need to know the changes to your vehicle so you can claim for them in the event of an accident for example if you had £1500 worth of luggage on your bike and didn't declare it you wouldn't be able to claim for it if it was damaged in an accident you could still claim for everything you did declare though. When i was with Bennetts they brought in the 3 modification rule but that seemed to be to stop you from adding stuff to your bike and wouldnt insure me they lost 4 bikes worth of business from me

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi
Thanks for that, so e bike will cover you for everything, with no hassle I will give them a try.

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts