Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this in the USA from a friend and am rebuilding the engine. I need to know what country it's from so I can get the right parts.

VIN is JH2RD07A6VM2200180

Thanks, J.

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the help.
However, that site tells me that it was built by Honda in 1997 with the note that "Manufacturer builds more than 500 vehicles per year" but does not tell me whether it is specifically a German, Italian, or other model.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Well that's the information that can be gleaned from the manufactures VIN -it was originally made in a Japanese Factory

However the language used on the VIN plate is distinctly European / French so you shouldn't go far wrong ordering parts for that region.

Did the bike come with any paperwork trail giving the original country it was first sold in - presumably it's now registered in the US, would its history have been recorded in registration computer records somewhere?

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I'll use the Euro version. I doubt that there are great differences but you never know.

·
Registered
28 Posts
When I first purchased my bike and after a few searches for parts on the internet i ran through a site that shows the countries specific vins..cant seem to find it.. but look it up and youll find it

1 - 6 of 6 Posts