Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the exhaust on my rd03. I was wondering what people have fitted successfully? I read the rd03 is sensitive, so im slightly reluctant to just buy a silencer from ebay.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
Boboneleg fitted a Marving from Wemoto I think. Hopefully he'll be along in a minute...

I take it you're no longer down Bristol way? If you are, Bob and I are both based here.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv had a look at the marving, but i cant seem to find much opinion on it.

Im back and forwards from Bristol quite a lot, every week or so :thumbright:

·
KTM 990 ADV
341 Posts
With the success ive just had with the pro enduro on my RD04 i would recomend one of those.
Tez:happy7:

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I tested both the Marving, and later the Pro Duro (race), and my bike worked great, although the race version of the Pro Duro was a bit to loud for me.

Do not throw Your OEM RD03 system away if You still have it, cause they are really difficult to find these days.

·
Registered
756 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys, were there no running problems at all with the scorpion? Does it have a baffle?

Also what did you make the link pipe from will?

Cheers

·
Registered
756 Posts
Thanks guys, were there no running problems at all with the scorpion? Does it have a baffle?

Also what did you make the link pipe from will?

Cheers[/QUOTE)

Hi i bought about a foot of stainless pipe 60mm i think was long time ago :iconbiggrin: place i bought mine from had off cuts got couple of bends and welded it up took about hour got mine tucked right in :p i had no running problems at all left baffle in it was bit louder but about quarter of weight :thumbright:

·
Registered
361 Posts
I fitted a end can for a CBR 600 then put it on a rolling road worked very well £30 off ebay you just need to cut the link pipe to make it fit

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
I didn't have the bike long enough to evaluate the Marvin can, perhaps the new owner might like to comment (raymo) but what I can say is that it was a good fit and even had the lugs to fit the original heat guard onto it.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
I didn't have the bike long enough to evaluate the Marvin can, perhaps the new owner might like to comment (raymo) but what I can say is that it was a good fit and even had the lugs to fit the original heat guard onto it.
Hi Bob,

the Marvin is a good fit and looks great, bike running a bit rich at the moment and it was popping , even on tick over, ( front choke sorted :) ), but it does go well :thumbup:

I have a Laser pro and link pipe for the 650 ( I bought it for the RD04 engined bike and was going to mod a link pipe, but checking the Alp, that one will fit, I have two laser pro end cans one is quite a beatup sports one, the other, the more acceptable street unit :toothy7:),

just have to get around to it, But I do like the look of the Marvin, and its quite too .

Will have to see what emerges from leaving a 600 alp, a 650 RD03, and the FrankienTwin in the garage over winter with various spares and marathon tanks :):D:thumbup:

·
Registered
6 Posts
hello, I'm quite new here. I also have just bought an rd03 about a week ago and loving it! Mine doesnt have the original exhaust pipe either, but has a sebring one. it doesn't quite seem to fit, and has already burnt a small edge off my right hand side panel :( , but it does give a nice punch to it, and according to the previous owner it does have more power.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Got a Micron on mine, no issues whatsoever (apart from nearly rupturing myself and putting my back out lifting the old one up - wtf did they make them out of?).

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hi Bob,

the Marvin is a good fit and looks great, bike running a bit rich at the moment and it was popping , even on tick over, ( front choke sorted :) ), but it does go well :thumbup:

I have a Laser pro and link pipe for the 650 ( I bought it for the RD04 engined bike and was going to mod a link pipe, but checking the Alp, that one will fit, I have two laser pro end cans one is quite a beatup sports one, the other, the more acceptable street unit :toothy7:),

just have to get around to it, But I do like the look of the Marvin, and its quite too .

Will have to see what emerges from leaving a 600 alp, a 650 RD03, and the FrankienTwin in the garage over winter with various spares and marathon tanks :):D:thumbup:
Raymo,

Are you interested in selling the link pipe for the rd03?

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
Raymo,

Are you interested in selling the link pipe for the rd03?
not at the moment mate as i have got old off an original pipe, and will try the laser on the 03 to see what the difference is

cheers

ray

1 - 18 of 18 Posts