Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 315 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seeing Mudwiz's thread on a new job made me wonder what you all do.
Many of you that I've got to know over the years, I know what you do, and quite a few of you post on here about your jobs, but I think if you can, it would be interesting to share what you do.

So I'll start. I work for Lloyds TSB in IT. I run an intranet development team and help look after the intranet. Yes a real anorak! :D:D:D

·
Ex Vara Rider
446 Posts
Accountant and prior to that Bomb Disposal, go figure.

So anyone wants a large tax return defusing let me know :bom:

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
Specify & Sell door furniture around the world to large construction projects:thumbright:

·
Registered
348 Posts
Audi Master Technician and 10 years today with the Audi brand :eek:ccasion5:

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Self-employed entrepreneur, consultant and trainer....

..OK, I tried to make it sound better. I am a journalist and freelance at that. As Morse once said when he found a dead freelance journalist in an Oxford hotel: "no one would pay him to write lies on staff so he wrote lies on spec," or some such (must look that up actually) - but facts are for trainee journalists anyway.

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Global Bid Manager for Verizon - I'll leave it up to you lot to try and figure it out :rolleyes:

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Annette, only in the same way as you could be addressed as a rocket fuel supplier :D

Lutin, yeah scary stuff eh, does this face look bovvered :D, currently working on de-commissioning a former soviet power station with the Chernobyl type reactors :eek:, previously worked on turning US bombs into power station fuel, so ask yourself is that not the most excellent recycling :thumbup:

Lots of legacy clean-up going on at the moment, the industry's trying to get it's act together ready for when Gordon Brown or who-ever admits that they need more new power stations and fuel for when the oil runs out, I'll be retired by then though.

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Civil Servant - IT contracts and stuff like that.

I once knew a genuine, real and living Rocket Scientist. He had about 6 degrees including a double PhD or something in astronomy and physics. He worked for British Aerospace and designed/made/tested miltary rockets - you know SAMs and stuff like that. He was the cleverest person I have ever met - he knew EVERYTHING. He was also a total knob.:cyclops:

L

·
0 Posts
Currently a Company director for a motorsport company.

BUT!!!

Previously done (and in order of oldest to most recent)

Wire Worker (Between School and college at my dad's work)
Systems Operator (VMS @ Digital)
Programmer (Cobol, Basic, Pascal - Freelanced)
Weapons Tech (RAF)
Electronics Tech (3rd Party Maintenance Co.)
4th Line IT Troubleshooter (Small IT Consultancy)
GM/Daewoo/Rover/Porsche/Suzuki/Aprillia/Triumph Test Driver/Rider (Local test track)

Kymmy

·
Stone Crazy
5,307 Posts
as it says above crab transporter (transporting live crabs/shellfish in tanks of sea water), previously tractor repair man, tractor driver animal toilet attendant (farm worker mainly driving sh*t spreaders and feeding animals), mink feed collector and mink skinner, Agricultural supplies delivery driver,
merv

1 - 20 of 315 Posts