Honda XRV Forum banner

301 - 315 of 315 Posts

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
I was down in Hastings last week and the carpark was full of cars each had its own seagull on the roof and enough droppings to carpet a living room.

First they poo on your house windows, then your car, then you!

And then just has your trying to wipe the **** off they come in for the kill.......

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
...snip...

To all you who saw them during Script and Fugazi years, I want you to know I am deeply, DEEPLY envious!
Yeah, I was there... :blob3:

My hair wasn't so long in those days though :toothy7:

I have several of the vinyls downstairs too. Might give them a spin later - best on vinyl... :angel7:

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Yeah, I was there... :blob3:

My hair wasn't so long in those days though :toothy7:

I have several of the vinyls downstairs too. Might give them a spin later - best on vinyl... :angel7:

me too a couple of picture disks and all the albums and a few of the twelve inch singles as well:cool: stevie keeps telling me to sell them on ebay but i just cant bring myself to do it:D:D:D

·
Registered
10,746 Posts
My Kids dont even know anymore what picture disk's are or 12'inch singles for that matter:(

·
17,680 Posts
My Kids dont even know anymore what picture disk's are or 12'inch singles for that matter:(
Tsk:(a sad day indeed

one of the best bits about getting a new album was studying the artwork:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: another thing marrillion had down pat:cool::cool::D

·
Registered
1,251 Posts
Tsk:(a sad day indeed

one of the best bits about getting a new album was studying the artwork:cool::cool::cool::cool::cool: another thing marrillion had down pat:cool::cool::D

who what when :confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::error::error::error:

:grin:

·
Pleb
1,792 Posts
Too right. The cover of one of the first rock albums I bought - Van Halen's 1984, or MCMLXXXIV as we rock fans know it - is framed on the kitchen wall.

Marillion did some top art. I did a sketch of the Assassing artwork for my art O level.

·
2,428 Posts
me too a couple of picture disks and all the albums and a few of the twelve inch singles as well:cool: stevie keeps telling me to sell them on ebay but i just cant bring myself to do it:D:D:D
Ah, took Fugazi for a spin tonight - first time with the DV17D3... I was 24 again :blob7:

ooh, no I wasn't, I was almost 30! Good grief :toothy4:

:toothy1:
Saw 'em a couple of times; I think it was Birmingham Odeon or Hippodrome - nice small venues. Saw Yes, Genesis a few times, Tull (the night before the Birmingham bombings), Tangerine Dream, and Dire Straits before they were 'big' the night John Lennon was shot.

Bowie was rubbish :toothy10:

EIL have Assassing 12" picture disk at £15.00 and Script :joker: picture discs are showing as having acheived 40 - 50 Euros over the last three or so years on popsike.com

But how could you give them up? I have vinyl right back to first record I ever got and I regret every single one I let go along the years. Recently bought back a really good Saint Saens Organ Symphony on TWO 404 that I let go - this one cost me £30...

Don't do it Chad :)

·
2,428 Posts

·
geriatric
2,474 Posts
First ever album I bought was SLADE old new borrowed and blue,70's,still play it now.................................wife thinks I'm sad

·
2,428 Posts

Hey there M'Lord Vader... you do have something to play them on; right?

I've had to make up compilation CDs for my kids of all the stuff I used to play on Friday nights while I cooked curry and they were little and supposed to be going to bed. Everything from Average White Band to The Who :glasses8:

I love that my kids know Pick Up The Pieces, Burlesque, Oh Well, Won't Get Fooled Again. My daughter's favourite track is Rain Song.

I'm sooooo proud :toothy4:

·
2,428 Posts
First ever album I bought was SLADE old new borrowed and blue,70's,still play it now.................................wife thinks I'm sad

Maaan - that's not sad, it's heroic!

Great :blob5:

·
17,680 Posts
Tull (the night before the Birmingham bombings),

Tangerine Dream,:cool::cool::cool::cool:
ive seen tull live about 6times now the last time was at the sheperds bush empire last year:cool:they never fail to blow me away:thumbup:

·
2,428 Posts
ive seen tull live about 6times now the last time was at the sheperds bush empire last year:cool:they never fail to blow me away:thumbup:

That's a great venue for a band, isn't it :) How does Stevie take to that? My partner thinks it's all a bit strange although I think she thought Peter Green was pretty cool. I like the v old stuff - Aqualung (ok, no surprise there), Stand Up... my first purchase was Thick As a Brick, when I was 14 or 15 :D

·
17,680 Posts
That's a great venue for a band, isn't it :) How does Stevie take to that? My partner thinks it's all a bit strange although I think she thought Peter Green was pretty cool. I like the v old stuff - Aqualung (ok, no surprise there), Stand Up... my first purchase was Thick As a Brick, when I was 14 or 15 :D
stevies pretty cool as she puts up with my many varied music tastes
aqualung and thick as a brick are just stunning live:cool::cool::cool::cool:

301 - 315 of 315 Posts