Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Steve
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone advise me as to which silver paint to use on the fork stanchions,should i wire brush them down paint and laquer? or is there any particular paint thats best? or any proven method of doing this job?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Pic of the forks I've just done....
004 (11).JPG

Btw, these ones are actually Bandit fork legs....which fit directly in the SLR yokes...and take the SLR hub....done so you can fit a larger diameter disc

·
Steve
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
very nice Rob,might do black,ordered new dust seals as old ones are cracked and dozed,silver however does not show up stoned chips and dirt as much as black,BTW picked up a genuine headlight for the bike i have a cheap one fitted and the bulb has burned the silver reflection back plating!!
so the lamp i bought looks like the genuine article the chrome dail trim that goes around the lamp looks tarnished and a little rusted but i think some metal polish should bring it up,so i have it and a new front mudguard coming,the mudguard on my bike is not the genuine as the back of it has bubbled from the exhaust heat,the one ive bought says it came off a bike that had only done 10k,its got a wee mudflap on it with honda in white does anyone know if thats the guard that came on the vigor 2002?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts