Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't make me mind up !!!!!
I love my LUMP of fun Varadero even though she's pushing 12 years old, never let me down in the 40k klm i've done in 2 years !!! But being a short arse and wanting to do the likes of Morocco and of road in the Alps and Pyrenees i'm seriously hankering after a XT660Z
Thing is do i get rid of the Vara or keep it ?? but that'll mean saving up and i want it now :blob2: I've had a short test ride on the XT and it fit like a glove ...still tall but a quarter of the weight !!!!
Thing is i've got a DR 250 also and i reckon she'll get a little vexed if i end up with 3

WHAT DO I DO ??????

Phil

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Can't make me mind up !!!!!
I love my LUMP of fun Varadero even though she's pushing 12 years old, never let me down in the 40k klm i've done in 2 years !!! But being a short arse and wanting to do the likes of Morocco and of road in the Alps and Pyrenees i'm seriously hankering after a XT660Z
Thing is do i get rid of the Vara or keep it ?? but that'll mean saving up and i want it now :blob2: I've had a short test ride on the XT and it fit like a glove ...still tall but a quarter of the weight !!!!
Thing is i've got a DR 250 also and i reckon she'll get a little vexed if i end up with 3

WHAT DO I DO ??????

Phil
Keep the Vara and buy a cheap hack for the offroad side of Morroco as you've said it's never let you down you know the history and you will always have something to road ride. If you want to do the odd offroad holiday buy a older bike, something your not going to be afraid of dropping or damaging on rocks or in rivers or any silly accident you will be pissed of with yourself if you damage a new bike. The XT660z isn't exactly a low bike why not trade the DR250 for something a bit bigger. just my thoughts

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HOW VERY DARE YOU Jason ......get rid of the DR !!!!!! NO WAY it's way to much fun and i live in off road heaven .....but i do know where you're coming from, i can pick up an XT over here for around €4000 and yes dropping a 4k bike is a pisser but thats life !!!!! listen to me i've talked myself into 3 bikes !!!! now i need to charm Jax the missus :angel12:

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Buy the 3rd Phil dont sell the Vara, its the mile muncher and you have been spoilt now with it so keep it and buy another.

Competent as Im sure the XT will be 2 up touring will test it ;) surely Jax will understand as the Vara is the best for this.

And you may both regret selling the vara then :p

Just my views :thumb:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yep you're right , the Varas just to good and after Jax had a 10 min blat on the back of the Tenere she did say "Sod that !!! way to uncomfy "

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts
Yep you're right , the Varas just to good and after Jax had a 10 min blat on the back of the Tenere she did say "Sod that !!! way to uncomfy "
You've answered your own question there Phil...she'll have to go........:hitler:

OR pass her test? :confused: :)

·
Registered
362 Posts
Keep the Vara.
Buy the Mrs some flowers.
She'll understand!:thumbup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
WELL ......i put on my biggest puppy dog eyes and she said YES !!!! wooohooo, all she wants is to go back to the UK for more weekend breaks at our daughters :cheers: down side is i'm going to have to work a more ..........Hudders knows how HARD i work already :joker:
Phil

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Well it's been three week of digging and it's been staring me in the face all along !!!!!

Hopefully by tomorrow night this will be mine .....unless it's a bag of sh1te , the guy bought it for HIS Morocco trip added all the nice bits , shocker, pro springs KxN filter bash plate and is now selling it to me for €1400 ....its a 97 with 28k km on the clock .....happy days
5004100543.jpg

1 - 12 of 12 Posts