Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just musing a few things over that will probably never happen but I wondered what people thought to an 1150GS adventure with 75,000 on the clock on an 05 plate,

is this anything to worry about assuming the bike's been looked after properly.

like I say I'm probably day dreaming but if you don't ask.....

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I have seen them advertised with three figure milages on a regular basis, but for me It would have to have a fully documented history....being and 05 plate I'd have thought it would still fetch relatively strong money but you could be buying yourself a money pit.
Parts like clutches, final drive ect are going to cost big time, if there is evidence of these parts being overhauled then it maybe a different story :confused:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
it also depends how the mileage has massed up - long tours on motorways and A roads in the summer - soft mileage for a big bike; towns and year round commuting - hard miles on any bike, but especially a big 'un.

·
Registered
7,707 Posts
I have seen them advertised with three figure milages on a regular basis,
:D:D;)

Like it. What, like sub 1000 & they should be ok :D

I have no personal experience but have heard plenty of rumours that "they are only run in at 50k".
I find that that sounds like cobblers but many do big mileages, as with anything maintenance is the key.

Phil

·
whys the rum always gone?
17,680 Posts
Your better off with a GS that's been used and loved than one that's sat around doing feck all .
Stormforce8 of this parish has a 2000 gs with well over 200k and it a sweet bike.
75k is sod all for one of these the boxer engine never really seems to be run in till about 40-50k .

I also would not panic about main dealer history either if it's been owned by a competent spanner monkey it will be fine:thumbup:

easy to work on cheap to service and run feckin ace bikes. Love mine:blah5::toothy7:

·
May Contain Nuts
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cheers guys,

the bikes mint and knowing who the owner is it bloody well should be serviced properly.

I think it's done a lot of the miles on the motor way and had some very occasional off road use but in the hands of an expert.

I might look into it in more detail but it depends on me selling a car first so it may be gone by then anyway.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts