Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found an imperial measurements socket set for sale here in Denmark for £20
Its make is USAG which I have never heard of and its has 21 sockets from 3/8" up to ! 1/4" which is a bargain in this part of Europe that I call home..
While I was talking to the seller I asked if he had any other tools for sale and he showed me these torque wrenches he wanted shut of for the right price...
174062258_906_1024_0_0_0_0_8.jpg 174062243_906_1024_0_0_0_0_8.jpg
Both of them have never been used and I dont know anything about them apart from one is 1/2" drive and the other is 3/8" drive and comes with a certificate to show its been tested and is accurate to some degree or other.:thumbup:
My first question is what are they worth and how much should I offer him because he didnt know how much to ask and I didnt have enough cash with me but I plan to go get them tomorrow..
He is an old boy ex biker 72 yrs old and I want to make him a fair offer...
I dont know these types of torque wrenches but I could use them on my next project which you can see in another thread..
Would £80 be a fair price if they work which I assume they do as they have never been used before?

Could someone explain the difference between them as I am one of the old school tighten it until it feels right brigade and and would love to know how the blighters work....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I suppose your never too old to learn summit new.......:D:D:D

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The seller wanted £50 each for them and I asked him how much for both and he said he will keep them for me and let me have both for £80 if I collect them tomorrow.
Only problem is its 25 miles away and its all traffic free twisty country roads and its going to be a nice sunny day tomorrow so I have to be there before 10 in the morning as he has plans for the rest of the day.
I think they are worth it and it will only cost me about a gallon of juice on my CX.
I think its worth getting them for my project and I tihnk I,m worth it.....:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Whike I was in this town with jnr we found an old derelict motorbike shop and there is an Ariel in the window parked next to what I think might be a BSA Goldstar which is parked next to a Suzuki which looks like it might be a RGV.
I asked the women who lives next door about the shop and she told me the bloke died about a year ago and the owner hasd a son who I am going to try and find..
Need to start doing a bit of detective work....
20158146_1874968439185831_1165418273_n.jpg
You never know ,I might have just won the lottery if I can find the current owner of the shop.:thumbup:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts