Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went for a run up to watch my wifes niece and nephew jump out of perfectly good plane and my tank was a bit low showing 215 miles on the trip :D

I thought the tank only holds 19.6 lts :confused::confused::confused:

Must have been well empty :D:D:D

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
I have squeezed in 20.5litres a couple of times - it was coughing and spluttering each time mind so more or less empty. I regularly put 19 something litres after about 230 miles.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Still, makes you wonder if these pumps are entirely honest with their figures, eh?

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
Still, makes you wonder if these pumps are entirely honest with their figures, eh?
The first time I put 19.5 litres in mine I made them do a calibration on the pump as I said my Bikes tank capacity was only 18 litres. I walked away 5 minutes later a bit embarassed. They did offer to send their next trading standards to me though.

·
Registered
7,704 Posts
Regularly get 18.5 ish.

Was 19.6 when I ran it empty on purpose but modded the filler neck to gain about an extra ltr or so, should have another check really.

Phil

·
Registered
417 Posts
Regularly get 18.5 ish.

Was 19.6 when I ran it empty on purpose but modded the filler neck to gain about an extra ltr or so, should have another check really.

Phil
What did you do to modify the neck?

·
Registered
417 Posts
213 miles..........19.5 litres

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
183 with 18 litres top up.

·
Registered
417 Posts
I find if you want to stand long enough you can squeeze in more than a litre more after you think its full :rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts
How big is the tank? I think I've got 20l in, though with three bikes and no memory, I may have confused myself about that.

I never understand how people can say they regularly get 200 from a tank, but then my 300m+ Pan has never got beyond 265.

Someone must be tampering with my bikes that they are all so uneconomical...:rolleyes:

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
My worst ever was in morocco on a red hot day (40+). Left Marrakech on the motorway and decided to stay on it. As it was so much cooler at 90mph that's what I did. About 120 miles later the needle was in the red and it took about 16 litres to fill. It was about 30 mpg. I blamed the heat.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Someone must be tampering with my bikes that they are all so uneconomical...:rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Methinks you right wrist must be being used to its maximum ;);)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
If you can smell petrol then it is evaporating and not being put to use by the bike.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts