Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just had these pics in from Paul Ritson of SFX.

After failing the MOT - and the replacement rear off the other bike failing too - I had no choice but to get new rims.

So I went for complete rebuild with black anodised rims, black powdercoated hubs and stainless spokes.

He's just to pop bearings in and make final adjustments and I should have them back on Tuesday.

Total cost for four wheels was £1,000, effectively £250 each.

Gonna buy a power washer now to make sure I clean my bikes more often.;)

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
A costly experience for sure Wheallie mate, but a sound investment nonetheless.
I've used a power washer for over a decade to wash my bikes and haven't had any problems with bearings! Any how, wheel bearings are cheap, well, cheaper than wheel rebuilds! :thumbup:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Very nice Chris, they are worth more than the both bikes, whats next.:thumbup:

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
They look really nice.:thumbup:
So after all this time you are totally overhauling your bikes.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts
very nice :D..

as jim says expensive but should last.. nice:thumbup:

ohh the trembling hand with the big nastly tyre lever :hitler:

lookafter them :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
before you get tyres on them, put aload of the anticorrosion stuff or even silicon under the rubber tape on the inside of the rim (sealing the spoke nut holes). don't use a pressure washer too close!!! 2mins of elbo grease is better on them BAD BOYS!!! We do like.... yummy

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Very nice!

Tip for a pressure washer - always aim at the bike from the front or the rear instead of side on. Bearings are sealed against water ingress from that angle, but not from the side.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Hi Chris when you sent your wheels to get sorted did you remove the bearings from the hubs or leave them in place.I am going to send my front and rear wheels over shortly to get rebuilt and the hubs refurbed at Pauls .Francis

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He put new bearings in for me. He'll need them out to powdercoat the hubs.

·
xrv750x Pilot
585 Posts
Thanks for the info Chris.Francis:thumbup:

·
sfx wheels
806 Posts
bloody hell ,,,,,, im a senior member ,,,,,,

did you know i was once banned off mxtrax for 12 months

for comenting on someones thread that theyd had a frame anodized at another wheel / anodizing place

i said that you shouldnt really anodize frames , as its a sulphuric acid process and theres always a chance the acid can stay in the frame and attack the welds , resulting in a broken frame ,,,,,

i love xrv.org ,,,,,, its ace

1 - 17 of 17 Posts