Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for advice on finishing off the wheels - done a search and not really got a clear answer - minor pitting on the silver rims and I am thinking of a good clean followed by autosol to get rid of as much as possible - then what as in my experience the rim will start furring up almost immediately - as a though may look into getting the rims soda or vapour blasted and then good coat of lacquer

Any input welcomed - just trying to get it tidied up again

thanks James

·
Registered
21 Posts
I saw somebody on the site had metioned ACF-50 so I've been using that on my AT's wheels, the transverse tube under the seat and around the footrest brackets. It seems to work or at least do no harm. If you haven't come across it I've described it as the gentleman's WD40 but I'm sure if you Google it you'll find a wealth of information.

Joe Duffy BMW here in Dublin is promoting it and offering an all-over protection service. I just bought a can for €18.50.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Don't bother to much.... any polishing, sanding, refurbing or waxing is useless when you tend to ride the bike!! :p

Fast way to clean en protect a bit is cleaning with brake cleaner and spray some wd-40 on it..... takes 10 minutes and lookes fine again...

Huib.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Dont try to laquer the wheels the corrosion will just bubble it up and look realy sh#t if it's powder coat .
Wet? :rolleyes: dont know I've never tried wet laquer on corrosion points.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts