Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
XL650V 02
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I have just joined and looking forward to reading all the advice on here. I have a question off anyone who can help? I washed my bike using truck wash (used on the cars for years) but for some reason it has pitted and stripped the wheels and spokes in parts.
Has anybody on here restored wheels on the Transalp. As I will need to repaint. My budget is not huge so looking to repaint myself.
Any advice will be greatly received.
Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi everyone, I have just joined and looking forward to reading all the advice on here. I have a question off anyone who can help? I washed my bike using truck wash (used on the cars for years) but for some reason it has pitted and stripped the wheels and spokes in parts.
Has anybody on here restored wheels on the Transalp. As I will need to repaint. My budget is not huge so looking to repaint myself.
Any advice will be greatly received.
Thanks.
Get the tyres off before you do anything and check the condition of the rims from the inside. Transalp rims rot from the inside out because of ingress of salt. I had the same thing on a Transalp 600.

·
Registered
XL650V 02
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Willy will have a look.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts