Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys
I've just been cruising the ebay section of our illustrious (sorry Daves) web site when I came across a @ for £10.00, stolen and recovered and scruffy..........whats the deal, 1. why so cheap and 2. no bids even for breaking, would it not be worth it.

And secondly since I've started so I'll finish, did Honda do a different colour scheme for each year of the @. Its just that my V5 say RD07 frame and engine is RD04, with red front panels, blue tank with white strip and blue side panels, HELP I,m confused. (I,m assuming the frilly pink tassels on the bar ends are add on extras!!)

Phoenix

·
Registered
349 Posts
It's only just gone onto Ebay, hence no bids. Having had a quick look at it, I can't see that it's worth much, as most of it is knackered. There doesn't even seem to be any exhaust down pipes.

Could be worth a few quid if you can be bothered to collect it, strip it, then sell it on, but the question over who's property you're selling might rear its ugly head. This seller has 3 other bikes for sale - all knackered, and all with a starting price of a tenner.

Re your other question, there is a definition of colour schemes in the 'Articles' section of this forum.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks landyandy

I'll have a look. As for the ebay bike .......the things that make you go mmmmmm!! :?

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi landyandy
Ive just seen the article of colour scheme, paniced and then breathed deeply, my trusty motor is not listed in the article but it is in the top left hand corner of the web page. The reason I ask is because I think the previous owner changed the body panels because of a drop, but Im not sure if he replaced like for like or put newer colours on. I know it was first reg. in 99 . I have to get a couple of panels repainted, Im only hoping the colour code is right for the panels currently on the bike. the code on the bike is PB-273M :roll:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
If your colour scheme isn't in there then take some similar shots, send them to me with what year you think it should be and I'll add it in.

That goes for everyone of course.

Would be nice to have a definitve list of colour schemes.

As to the bike on Ebay, until its in its last day or so it will probably stay low.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts