Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I missed the trip to Skye last year as I was on holiday with the other half, anyone planning anything we can all look forward to over the coming winter months? I have a big space in my diary, Skye might be good again although I think somone might have thought of that.
Cheers Paul :p

·
Registered
582 Posts
It looks like the guys aren't happy about camping through the winter months. I'm sure we can sort some days out. We must be due a run out 'Up North'

Ian S

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Won't be long till spring though!!! :p

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Don't forget the Dartmoor trip in May - bit of a trip for you though! I'm looking at rescheduling the Snowdonia trip for spring if anyone is interested? There is also the possibility of doing something around the Brecon Beacons. Just spent the weekend walking around the Pen-y-Fan/Cribyn/Fan-y-Big area (yes, that's it's name!)

Fantastic scenery and weather, plus the Bunkhouse (Absolute Adventure at Craig-y-Nos - £12 per night) was excellent. I can look at some dates and come up with a plan if anyone is interested. Does April sound good?

·
Senior Consulting Member
1,982 Posts
IanS said:
It looks like the guys aren't happy about camping through the winter months. I'm sure we can sort some days out. We must be due a run out 'Up North'

Ian S
I would't mind a spot of winter camping - as long as there's a pub nearby...

·
Registered
582 Posts
I'm up for it Jim, the Botherswater site has a bar in the camping field and a pub within 150m. We have spend a few good new years eve's up there pre kids. Site is aimed at hardened walkers and you get a good crowd in most weekends.
The funnyest time was when we arrived it was about -10 and everyone just pitched on the ice using ice axes for tent pegs etc, problem was it thawed overnight and people woke up in 4 inches of water. still ace night in pub afterwards. Sometimes you just have to do crazy things. :lol:

Ian S

·
Registered
582 Posts
No problem, off work through chrismas but haven't sorted family travels yet.
Best just have one night away, I'll contact site to see when there open over the holidays.
Anyone else want to join us speak up :?:

Ian S

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
I'm up for it (nervously!)....

Not so sure about camping in the middle of winter :?

Wot about trying to find a camping barn or a YHA, at least there is somewhere warm and dry if the weather turns fowl, probably get more takers too!

Phil

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
im interested too depends on date, location etc.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Hi All
Looking like Sykeside in the Lakes. http://www.sykeside.co.uk/sykeside/about_syk.asp

One night over the Christmas hols, day to be confirmed.
The site and adjoining pub may have accommodation for the 'soft boys' (only joking) :lol:

All welcome.

Ian S

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Sounds good :D

·
Registered
582 Posts
It's on

Ok Guys Tuesday 27th December at Sykeside.
Starting a new tread to suit.

IanS

1 - 15 of 15 Posts