Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been out on ONE ride on brand new tyres and just went out to the garage for the first time since the Christmas festivities to find a flat rear :evil:

Removed the tyre to find a tiny hole in the tube - looks as if it might be from a small stone or similar trapped between the tyre and tube although I can't find one anywhere.... Nothing's penetrated the tyre, no rough spots inside the tyre itself. I should've insisted that they changed the tube with the tyre but I suspect their assurances that the old one was OK might have ben something to do with the fact that they didn't actually have a new one.....

Anyway, any idea where I might find a replacement tube either in North London or next-day mail order?

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
You have my sympathies. I had this trouble a few weeks back - I just went through every bike dealer and tyre stockist that came up on Yell.com in Lancashire 'til I found one that had one in stock - then bought their last 2 - and no you are not having it :wink: I was staggered that 2 honda main dealers and the suzuki main dealer and most big bike shops all said they just don't stock them. Eventually got them from Shorrocks in Preston - but that's no help to you.

I would get on the phone 1st thing tomorrow and get a couple ordered.

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
If its any help to anyone I found a second hand front tube for the AT (no repairs) that I'd squirelled away. I was going to bin it but if someone wants it they're welcome.

When I had the AT I always used to keep 2 or 3 spare tubes in stock as garages never had any in the event of a problem. In fact some people carry them round with them.

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
I had to wait a week nearly for my local tyre man to get me a rear tube in when i got a puncture.

Note to self, get some spares in!

BTW, if it's a small nick in the side of the tube I bet £1 to a pinch of Sh*t they nicked it putting the tyre back on :shock:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dilbert said:
BTW, if it's a small nick in the side of the tube I bet £1 to a pinch of Sh*t they nicked it putting the tyre back on :shock:
I doubt it - the tyre stayed inflated for a couple of weeks after fitting - it was only when I rode it that it deflated hence my suspicion that something was trapped between tyre and tube.

I received a text message AND an email from Tyre Sales UK at 9.36 this morning to say that my tubes had been despatched - not bad after a long shut-down for New Year. If they turn up tomorrow as I've been told they should I'll be very impressed.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts