Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Arrrr. The joy of being on a main trunk A road in Bath and North East Somerset the other night in the wet riding the AT. No cats eyes or reflectors on the road so me is struggling with a few motors tailing me and I can't see where I,m going above 40mph. Is this a safer road?

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
Arrrr. The joy of being on a main trunk A road in Bath and North East Somerset the other night in the wet riding the AT. No cats eyes or reflectors on the road so me is struggling with a few motors tailing me and I can't see where I,m going above 40mph. Is this a safer road?

Maybe they are being upgraded?

On the Surrey section of the M25, and down the M23, the traditional cats-eyes have been disappearing overnight and replaced with the ones with an integrated LED, which is powered and activated by headlamps, and either light up, or flicker intensely as your beam hits them.

Bob :thumbup:

·
SHW'MAE BUTT
3,270 Posts
Lots of cats eyes went when scrap iron was at a good price :D

·
Registered
779 Posts
Try moaning to the local MP about this? (whoever it was we elected....). It seems nowadays that 1 person complaining has an awful lot of power so long as it doesn't involve the council spending money.

Oh, wait.....

·
Chief Lurker
436 Posts
The lack of cats eyes - and the lack of white lines in middle of road, are both due to some idiot in Highways who thinks that as you cannot see the road too well you will slow down.
It is policy in several councils in the south that white lines are removed when road narrows - apparently this slows drivers down!

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
big debate about this locally. the Bridport-Weymouth coast road had lots of cats eyes and white lines removed not long ago. felt VERY odd to ride along there,most are now back. good thing too!

·
luddite
1,814 Posts
The lack of cats eyes - and the lack of white lines in middle of road, are both due to some idiot in Highways who thinks that as you cannot see the road too well you will slow down.
It is policy in several councils in the south that white lines are removed when road narrows - apparently this slows drivers down!
You should attack the local council for knowingly making a road MORE DANGEROUS by removing signalisation.

we did that here when a local council changed the priorities at a junction in order to make "through" traffic slow down. This caused a number of, luckily, minor accidents over the course of a month & the council were successfully sued for having "...sciément et délibérement augmenté la dangerosité d'une carrefour..." (...knowingly & deliberately increased the dangerousness of a junction...) the prosecution obviously arguing that the means does NOT justify the end. The council have had to re-do the junction. I don't know if they had to pay damages to drivers involved in accidents or not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts