Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 3036 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RULES:
  1. Pictures must be from google earth/maps satellite and north orientated and must be the most upto date image available (i.e. no use of google earth historical images)
  2. You must provide a continent unless it will give away the answer
  3. There's a 72 hour time limit on each picture, if no-one has it by then you must play again or pass for the first available player (must post PLAY or a game picture, whichever is first)
  4. On a succesful guess you must play or pass as soon as possible, anyone not playing or passing within 6 hours will automatically pass
  5. All pictures must be of a recognisable landmark and hosted either as a XRV attachment or a non-restricted site (i.e.. imageshack)
  6. Pictures must be of a reasonable size (at very least 800*600)
  7. You may ask questions but please expect only YES/NO answers unless the person in play deems another answer more relevant.
  8. The member with the correct guess has the oppertunity to PLAY or PASS. This PLAY or PASS must be given along with the answer (if not then they PASS by default). If they pass then the first person to either type play, or to post a picture (whichever is first) takes control of the game
  9. List of continents is as per the picture below
  10. Please try to keep all posts on-topic and relevant to the game. It's OK to discuss a place after the game but don't go crazy especially when a new game is in place
  11. Kymmy (or another admin not involved with the current game) has final say in any disagreements
  12. Themes: If a themed game it will be in the thread title, any changes will also be posted in thread and will take effect after the current game has finished

To extract from google maps/earth and attach them two a post follow these instructions

You press the "Prt scr" key, load Paint or other image editor and paste (press "ctrl" and V).
  • The "prt scr" key is usually above the "insert" key.
  • Find Paint under Accessories in Windows.
You then need to trim the image down to remove the search box, tool bars and any give-away clues.
  • What you've pasted is usually selected (there's a dotted line around it). First you need to clear this. I usually just click the Free Form Select icon then the Select icon again.
  • Select the area you want to save, copy it to the clipboard ("ctrl" and C).
  • Select File/New, and paste it again with "ctrl" and V.
  • Alternatively some editors let you "crop" the image.
Finally save the image to your hard disk not forgetting to change the "type" to JPEG.
To add to the that once you have your image as DDY posted above to get them onto a post you go the following

For subscribers, when you do a reply hit GO ADVANCED and use the MANAGE ATTACHMENTS button beneath the postbox to add a picture (it won;t appear in the post until AFTER you hit the post reply button.)

For non subscribers you need to use an off site hosting (like imageshack or many of the free ones) and then link to the picture URL (the picture URL is the one starting with http:// and ending with JPG, BMP, GIF or PNG ), use the little yellow square INSERT IMAGE icon as you can see at the top of the post box and insert the URL to the image in the pop-up box.

Hi guys,

Whilst the in crowd is away at the national I thought I'd start off a new little game thread for anyone left behind who's bored.

The rules are as follows, attached is a picture from google earth without any identifying features, To start with I'll give you the continent (unless the continent makes it too easy) that the picture is from and I can also answer YES or NO to questions. First one to get what the picture is showing then has a chance to do thier own picture (or they can pass if they don't wish to do so in that case the first person to type play or post a picture takes control of the game)

Pictures must be large, be unique but must be something that people could recognise (so no pictures of the middle of the ocean!!!), they must be off google earth or google maps satellite and they must be orientated North uppermost.

For example the picture below is in Africa

And the answer would be The Kylami Race circuit

I'll start a fresh one in the next post

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
re: Where in the world!!!?-Theme = SPORTS

Continent = North America

·
Registered
12,768 Posts

I thought it was the Groom Lake Area in Navada the Nuclear testing site.

·
Registered
4,162 Posts

well seeing as I have not packed the bike yet..............

naww will have to give this a miss....:hitler:

nice one Kymmy love stuff like this.. any one spotted nessy yet :thumbup:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Yep, AlanH got it :thumbup: .. It is the nuclear testing facility in the Nevada desert...

If no-one else wants to take it I'll find another one right after the womens Euro final game against Germany :D

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Continent = Australia

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Remember guys you are allowed to ask questions..

·
Registered
6,174 Posts

Remember guys you are allowed to ask questions..
Snaphappy, I think you were meant to say "Is it Round House Perth Australia ?" rather than just announce it :rolleyes: :thumb:

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

Kymmy,what was it built for ? :)
Well I've had the tour of it's replacement which itself was shut down in the early '90s ;)

I'll give SnapHappy it though even though it is in the city of Freemantle and not Perth :p Snap you want to take it or pass it back?

·
one of the lost boys
6,127 Posts
L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

The snow gave it away :)

Is it Port Stanley Airport, Falkland Islands?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

In Europe an easy one for you

1 - 20 of 3036 Posts