Honda XRV Forum banner

3001 - 3020 of 3036 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
OK Obviously too easy.

What about this then? What lies at point A and what's so special about it?

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Is it something at the bottom south of the island of Tiree?

The North Atlantic slope current meets the Scottish coastal current?

Edit:

Skerryvore lighthouse
The lighthouse at Skerryvore, 12 miles southwest of the Isle of Tiree (56º19.4'N 7º6.9'W; approximate grid reference NL8426 which is off the OS 1:50,000 map), which Robert Louis Stevenson uncle, Alan Stevenson, built.
At a height of 156 feet (48 m) it is the tallest lighthouse in Scotland

And if I'm right then I have to pass, this time, but I will return with a quizz soon.

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Described as "the world's most graceful lighthouse"

Funny thing is, before I did the Baker Island pic, I was going to do Chicken Rock or Skerries lighthouses!

Many many years ago, I almost bought an old keepers cottage on Ailsa Craig. I've always been captivated by lighthouses and the days of the keepers. Just up the road from me is Beachy Head and Belle Tout.

:toothy5:

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
I'll jump in with an easy'ish one, aimed at getting a few more people involved in the game.

(all budding CIA researchers, please hold back from jumping in with an answer, unless you are able to repost another, Thanks)

Not on a continent.

What is at point A???

witw005.jpg

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Can I post my quiz after Yours have been answered?
I have actually been waiting for someone to tell me if my answer was right, before I posted my question that I have prepared.

Oops, sorry Kjell. I just jumped in because you passed.

I'm pretty sure you were correct, but we'll have to wait confirmation from the OP.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Oops, sorry Kjell. I just jumped in because you passed.

I'm pretty sure you were correct, but we'll have to wait confirmation from the OP.
No, no Bob, no worries!!! I was unsure I was correct, and I thought somebody would tell me if I was right, then I would come back two days latter with my question.
I really like the concept of this thread, and I hope I will contribute with an interesting question. (I have one ready for posting)
I'll wait for my turn, and as soon as somebody gives a right answer but lack the time to write a new question then I'll come back and ask if I can add mine readily prepared.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'll jump in with an easy'ish one, aimed at getting a few more people involved in the game.

(all budding CIA researchers, please hold back from jumping in with an answer, unless you are able to repost another, Thanks)

I can't name the continent.

What is at point A???
Easy'ish...... Yeh, I have just spent 5 hours this weekend searching for this and I am now about to give up. Can we have a clue please ;)

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Easy'ish...... Yeh, I have just spent 5 hours this weekend searching for this and I am now about to give up. Can we have a clue please ;)

Some clues you say?

Patience and maybe an Elephant and quite a few days hard word should get you here. And, I reckon if you haven't got the answer in 50 days or so, it will probably become evident. Go on, have a whale of a time!!!

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,011 (Edited)
Shouldn't the question be "WHO is at point A"??

The answer is Ernest Shackleton, at the Grytviken cemetery, South Georgia...

Will let Kjell play if he still wants to do so..

Will the first time posters please remember to read post #1 in this thread before submitting an image. ;)

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
Nice one Kjell
I'm not going to post the location as I'm away for a week leaving first thing tomorrow but I will post this just to prove I found it :).

Capture.JPG

·
Registered
2,992 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Ok.... Chicago, North Franklin Street...... but the brilliant moving is proving hard to work out.

It can't be Dark Night can it!

·
Administrator
7,169 Posts
Ok.... Chicago, North Franklin Street...... but the brilliant moving is proving hard to work out.

It can't be Dark Night can it!

Correct city, wrong street, and a quote from the movie to help!

"Well this is definitely ....... ....... ...... and if my estimations are correct, we should be very close to the honourable Richard J Daly plaza"

·
Registered
90 Posts
Got it......... I was getting worried for a while thinking that you thought 'Dark Night' was a brilliant movie.

The Blues Brothers (totally agree that is a great movie).
Lower Wacker Drive.
Chicago.

3001 - 3020 of 3036 Posts