Honda XRV Forum banner

3021 - 3036 of 3036 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
One thing I love about trail riding is that you come across monuments that are hidden away in the back of beyond. This is one of my favorites, it is on one of my local runs. I always stop and inform the other riders with me about this place. I then carry on my way knowing that they are not forgotten.

image1.jpg

Somewhere in the UK.

What is it? Where is it?

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
Yorkshire? Hmmm since I'm a foreigner and only have rudimentary knowledge of Yorkshire I would say it's either a war memorial or a miner memorial remembering one of them Yorkshire boys that gave his best for his fellow mates.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
54.216354,-1.762697 - Google Maps

Leeds Pals Memorial

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leeds_Pals

Not only one...

A few men got as far as the German barbed wire but no further. Later in the morning the German defenders came out to clear the bodies off their wire, killing any that were still alive. The battalion casualties, sustained in the few minutes after Zero, were 24 officers and 504 other ranks, of which 15 officers and 233 other ranks were killed.

·
Registered
90 Posts
54.216354,-1.762697 - Google Maps

Leeds Pals Memorial

Leeds Pals - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not only one...

A few men got as far as the German barbed wire but no further. Later in the morning the German defenders came out to clear the bodies off their wire, killing any that were still alive. The battalion casualties, sustained in the few minutes after Zero, were 24 officers and 504 other ranks, of which 15 officers and 233 other ranks were killed.
Well done. The next one I do will have to be harder.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I had the following info written in the question:

Hints:
Location UK,

Added hint:
Hero and Myth

Edit II
Additional hint: 2275

and that is from the reg numbers on his motorcycle that he crashed with and died a few days afterwards

I did see this machine when I visited Imperial War Museum last time, and I was impressed by its apperance and design. It must have been one h3ll of a machine at those days

So You are perfectly right, the clues were possibly to vauge and few.

Sorry for vasting eveyones time with a question that was unsolvable.
I'll do better if I try another time.

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,031
Can I suggest that people refresh themselves with the rules on post #1, there is a 72 hour time limit on games. you can give the clues when asked or whenever you wish to.

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
To try and keep thing moving..... here's another.

Location - UK.
Clue - Here you will find some Africa twins

Who lives here?

View attachment 22757
Oh very cryptic. I like it. They lived in the house (well palace) that was next door to my pad when I was working overseas.

I wonder if that helps or hinders?

3021 - 3036 of 3036 Posts