Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to buy a Lumix DMC-FS30 (for my wife) and a DMC-FT2 (for me).

Can anyone recommend a reputable online shop that is good value for these? They come to about £420 on Amazon, delivered.

·
Stone Crazy
5,316 Posts
well they are £169 and £329 + delivery from Jessops
Amazon seems like a good deal from that

·
Premium Member
6,922 Posts
I got a very good deal on a Panasonic Lumux TZ5 from Camera Box. Very quick delivery and very reasonable postage to here in the Republic of Ireland where others wanted to charge a small fortune.

Just checked and cameras come out as DMC-FS30 at £135 and DMC-FT2 at £250, both in a choice of colours. Not sure what the postage would be - too lazy. ;)

Edit: Oh okay, postage to rest of Europe is either £14 or £23 depending on which service you opt for. So, all in price of £399 or £408.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

·
Registered
53 Posts
pixmania.co.uk is cheaper than amazon if the black fs30 comes back into stock (currently down as 108 quid, purple one is 146)

alternatively, are you or anyone you know flying soon? dixons duty free at most airports guarantee to beat amazon prices. i bought my laptop and ipod thru them, best to call and reserve stock in advance dixons

good luck

·
Complete Member
3,904 Posts
Had bad experiences sometimes with Pixmania, not always truthfull about stock and not that good delivery (or price, check what's included), never had problems with Jessop's (tend to be a bit expensive these days) or Amazon and my last camera (Canon G10) came from DigitalRev, the only problem with them is they're Hong Kong based, so warrenty could be problamatic?

Personally I just type the model number into Google and see what pops up, at this time of year there should be bargains about certainly in the UK January sales :thumbup:

·
Still comfortably numb
435 Posts
Had bad experiences sometimes with Pixmania,
I second that absolutely - plus I don't know if it's still true but when I dealt with them they called themselves ".co.uk" but were actually based in France.

My personal opinion* - I would avoid these people, there's plenty of good traders out there.

HTH, VSH

(* A legal position, :rolleyes:)

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Try looking on the QVC site, if they have one covering your area.They do some good offers, might look dearer at times but the extras they add and he service is worth it.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts