Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone suggest a training group/centre somewhere as close as poss to C London ?

I'm a newbie, have been riding a Beta Alp 350 around London for 6 months, but never off road! The bike's a hoot in traffic & light to lift into the rare legal parking slots, but I wouldnt fancy a daytrip to wales & back on it!

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Hi
You unfortunatly joined the Lunatic Asylum's forum:D:D
Welcome
As for offroading,i do not know where you could get training but i know a few green lanes near Dorking/Rykas. You always could join a few of the guys from the forum on a little Mudplay.Keep a eye open in the ride out section,there are always some of the inmates from here playing somewhere
Got any Pictures of your noble steed?:D

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
You could also join the trf, which has an active Surrey group doing rides around Rykas.

·
Gelände Straße
3,037 Posts
As has been said, the TRF is a good bet for showing you the way around some local lanes...not so much "training" though as "follow me/catch me if you can"! All good fun though, I went out with them the other week and had a blast :D

Alternatively if you really do want some fairly hardcore training then I'd highly recommend the Ady Smith Enduro School

A few of us did it last year and it was excellent – unbelieveably physical, exceptionally muddy and I fell off more times in 2 days than you might in a lifetime of careless biking, but fantastic fun and very confidence inspiring! Significantly cheaper than the BMW Schools too, and handier for those of us in the South East. Ady Smith does also run the course on a much larger site in Wales if you don't mind the drive.

Failing that, as Pete says, keep an eye out in the rideout section...I'm always up for some mud action! :D

·
SOTGATT
3,522 Posts

·
Wing Commander
14,437 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts