Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, just had to go back and push harder, and get more picks to cheer everyone up!:D
these where all taken about 10kms from my house.....

twins might fly.....

and fly......

and land!

live to ride another day
then we decided to do another slipface (the steep side of a dune). this one was 120m measured on the gps!

the approach...

the start...

start pulling G's

and more, still in third gear

100m up

the end in sight!

and over the top, hee ha! first try:thumbup:

snow-plow down.

she floats like a flutterby

stings like a bee:D

and of into the sunset.....dakar next?:D:D:D

·
Ride the Sumo!
1,079 Posts
Sweet pics dude! I am soooo jealous!:thumbup:

·
Truffle shuffle king
1,281 Posts
That's made my day.
Sat here in traffic (I normally ride but today in the car :( ). Temp gauge says 1 degree, raining , windows misting up, dark and miserable.

Great pictures thanks for putting them up

·
Registered
1,964 Posts
What gives you the right to post such offensive images.

Where I am now it is dark, wet, cold and boring. What you are doing in those pictures is living my dream.

Please dont stop posting, its absolutly fantastic to see those images of an Africa Twin on those dunes.

·
Now on a BMW R1100RS.
952 Posts
Awesome!
You wouldn't make it up there with BT-45's hehehe :D

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
Great pictures :thumbleft:

I can only wish :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
WoW! That bike is some beauty! (i'm in love again:love7: - sorry Ben!)........ I can only dream of being able to ride my twin on desert sands like that. (swoon!) :toothy2:

:sunny:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Brilllllliant - green with envy (as he wonders whether to turn the heating on or not) :(

·
it's about an hour......
2,198 Posts
Fantastic photos DesertJoe. And takes some skill...and confidence, to get a twin up a dune like that.

Anyone know of any dunes around Runcorn?

...or seriously, anywhere a bit closer to home than Africa where its legal to go onto the sand. And not places like Black Rock Sands in Wales, proper dunes....

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Jou gelukkige blikskottel!!! Damn I'm jealous. Might be in your part of the world in April. Unfortunately no bike :( but we should definitely catch up.

·
Registered
262 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
lootch, could be migrated to zambia by then, but if im still around we have to meet up for a beer and a ride (not in that order) we have four twins around at the moment, you can use mine anytime and we can go play in the dunes:thumbup:

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Thanks Joe

Awesome pics :thumbup:

·
Registered
740 Posts
Fantastic photos DesertJoe. And takes some skill...and confidence, to get a twin up a dune like that.

...or seriously, anywhere a bit closer to home than Africa where its legal to go onto the sand. And not places like Black Rock Sands in Wales, proper dunes....
Southport :D:D:D

·
Registered
740 Posts

Soon you will taste the real thing Mike. The trip to Africa still on my cards .. Im working on it for next year if all goes well.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts