Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,641 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was browsing the KTM UK website and noticed that the old LC4 Adventure was no longer listed. There's a range of 690s (with a 654cc LC4 motor); an Enduro, a Supermoto, and a SMC ... but no Adventure.

Has it been discontinued? Is there a 690 replacement along any time soon? I had a bit of a soft spot for the little Adv, so I'd be sad to see it go forever. :(

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Was browsing the KTM UK website and noticed that the old LC4 Adventure was no longer listed. There's a range of 690s (with a 654cc LC4 motor); an Enduro, a Supermoto, and a SMC ... but no Adventure.

Has it been discontinued? Is there a 690 replacement along any time soon? I had a bit of a soft spot for the little Adv, so I'd be sad to see it go forever. :(

690 strongly rumoured to be on the way :blob2:

Bob.

·
Ninja Thread Hijacker
2,978 Posts
And it will be sweet - the 690 motor as fitted to the current DukeIII is a peach.

I hope they do the right thing with the seat height !!! the 640 ADV was / is a GIANT's bike.

Up the Hobbits :D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
And it will be sweet - the 690 motor as fitted to the current DukeIII is a peach.

I hope they do the right thing with the seat height !!!
+1 .....but don't get your hopes up. You need a ladder to get on the 690 enduro :(

·
Happy Bunny!
3,097 Posts
Are they definately producing one :confused: they may offer a kit to "Adventure-ize" a 690 Enduro.:rolleyes:

the only one i have heard about is the 1190 ADV, 19" front wheel jobbie , supposed to be more road baised to try and get some of the GSA sales.:D

·
one-legged member
4,493 Posts
Are they definately producing one :confused: they may offer a kit to "Adventure-ize" a 690 Enduro.:rolleyes:

the only one i have heard about is the 1190 ADV, 19" front wheel jobbie , supposed to be more road baised to try and get some of the GSA sales.:D

I think that's why it's not a definite yet. KTM want to lauch the 1190 first and then the 690 Adventure will come.

·
Registered
4,456 Posts
How nice is that. At the Touratech event last week a guy was there on a 690 enduro with panniers frames and a screen. It looked smart enough apart from a very thin seat.

H

·
0 Posts
they already sell the 690 rallye, but only if you have about 22 grand spare.

They said that the 690 was going to be available this year, but its likely to be 2010 now. Having a few reliability issues which made it stand out so well in the 640 variant due to the silly and hard-to-obtain oil it needs.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts