Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I need to go and buy some 2 stroke oil to mix 25:1 with some lead free so I can go test ride this little terrorist machine I just bought.
Now I am thinking Cazzy R because I love the aroma and would smoke my sausages with it if it tasted good.:D:D:D
Has 2 stroke oil technology made any advances since I used Castrol oil in my bikes back in the 70s and what would be best for my 80s classic plaything.:thumbup:
I have asked this before and every one reccomended Motul but you cant get it here in my hood.

·
Stone Crazy
5,317 Posts
dont use Cazz R mate if it has been using mineral oil it can cause problems, go for a decent semi synth , or fully synth
if you want the R smell a few drops in the tank will not hurt and give you the smell though ,

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
The guy who sold me the Dt125mx was only selling it to finance the DT175MX he was working on and after talking with him in pijin german , he seemed to be the type of guy who looks after his bikes. I forgot to ask him what oil he had been using and I remember spotting a big container of 2 stroke on a shelf in his very well equipped workshop but didnt make a note of the name of it.......Doh! (typed in a Homer Simpson dialect) :D:clown::D

·
Registered
942 Posts
what mervinh said decent semi or fully synth ,
25:1 sounds a bit oily to me what does your plug look like at that ratio ?
would have thought 32:1 or 40:1 would be enough
I ran my yz250 on 40:1 without issue and that would have been making 3 x the hp of your 125

1 - 4 of 4 Posts