Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, During last summer I went on a tour to Italy with a load of guys that were on GS's and 1200 RT's, my poor Africa Twin struggled to keep up some of the time and it was all energy sapping. I am thinking about getting a 990 Aventure later this year but there are a couple of different models, I do go on some tracks but not any serious off roading ( I use and XT for that . I know nothing about the Adventure except when I test road one some years back I thought it a great bike. There are a couple of models and I am not sure which one to go for. Having looked at Autotrader, Ebay, MCN and Gumtree they vary in price of nearly £1000 for the same year model with similar extras? I could do with some advice please.

The best thing to do when it's raining is, Let it rain...."Longfellow"

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
I recently sold mine as I have " retired " from riding
Standard 990 adventure is fine The R model is VERY tall and at 6'02" tall I struggled to sit on one .
I stuck to the standard 990 if you don't want to drop it( its still a tall bike.)
I sold my 14kmiles minter full alloy luggage etc(2006) for £4500 if that helps with a valuation

http://www.xrv.org.uk/forums/bikes-sale-wanted/120929-2006-ktm-adventure-sale.html

They ARE GREAT

:thumbup:

Reactions: ronb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Magwa thanks for that, I am a tad taller than you but will not go for an R. Cheers RonB

·
Registered
3,481 Posts
rond, if you can, try o have a word with Boboneleg too, either here or on big trailie, I think he has had one or two and knows 990's well from what I remember.....

Reactions: ronb

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you I will PM him. I was hoping that Honda bring out a V twin @ but looks like if it comes it will be a parallel twin :(. I will not be getting another bike until april/May and will keep my current @.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts