Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, i am looking for a bit of advic i am thinking of buying a cheap on and off road bike 125 cc or less since i have not yet passed my test, could anyone advise me on which bike would be best. Thanks.

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Hello everyone, i am looking for a bit of advic i am thinking of buying a cheap on and off road bike 125 cc or less since i have not yet passed my test, could anyone advise me on which bike would be best. Thanks.
Can't go wrong with a Yam DT125 they've been around for years and barely changed tried and tested or the XR125 although thats a bit tamer still reliable and fun

·
Registered
894 Posts
Kawasaki KMX 125 Best 125 on the planet :thumbup:

·
The Angry Pasty Muncher
6,170 Posts
Kawasaki KMX 125 Best 125 on the planet :thumbup:
Forgot about that one, but please avoid the KDX125 like the plague. I had one when they first came out and it was the most unreliable bike i ever owned and that was new, got know what they would be like now. Some people down here use the KDX220 for harenhounds and they say the same thing about there reliability but still continue to use them:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

·
Should know better
2,980 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the advice every one, it is greatly appreciated, i will now start looking around for my bike. Cheers, MINGER.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi chap my youngest started on a kwaka kdx 125 and yep was a bag of s**t seriously avoid these :confused:
the best one he had was just bought as a stop gap 3 years ago and has been hammered to the extreem,taken my 15 stone into places you would not belive and never missed a beat.
this was a cheap urban dz 125 750.00 brand new,basically a honda copy engine. look it up on the net realy good reviews,found them in the bike trader new and used. :thumbup:
anyhow fella if you are not anal about the make look at it. :thumbright:

cheers chap. Boo

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hi again everyone, i am still looking for a bike, i have had no luck finding a Kawasaki KMX, neither have i been able to find a Yam DT 125,.

I have seen quite a few Van Vans that Lulu recommended, so could i ask what every one else thinks of the Van Van, i guess its obviously ok as a road bike, but would it do the trick off road as well?

Or alternatively, could any one advise where i might find a Kawasaki kmx, the only place i know where to find bikes is the Auto Trader and i have had no luck there.

Thanks for any replies.

·
Fine, upstanding member
2,296 Posts

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Van Van would suck off road.

Another vote for a KMX. Lovely wee bikes. I've owned two over the years. Used to keep my last one pinned at an indicated 90 on the M4. Covering the clutch obviously...:thumbleft:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks pussyhorse, and thanks pdsquire, the second bike had gone by the time i phoned, (it must have been a corker :() the first bike you only get the option to leave a contact phone number or e-mail, i have left both, but no one has got back to me so far. I will keep checking the bike trader from now on, thanks again, your help is greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hi again guys, i have just got my bike after all this time of trying, i chased every KMX i set eyes on, but got beat to the punch every time, when i phoned they had just been sold. In desperation i did my CBT and the guy there recommended the Derbi Sender Terra 125, he says its a cracker of a bike and rather nippy with it. So i have bought a new Sender Terra, it has double overhead cam shafts and disc breaks front and rear, i am well chuffed with it, does anyone here know anything about them?

And thanks again for your previous advice, your a great bunch to be sure.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts