Honda XRV Forum banner

41 - 60 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
You probably won't be surprised to learn that as yet I've had no response from grave.cz

The good news is - the engineering firm said they would make identical ones...

The bad news is - the mods have deemed my attempt to raise a purchasing posse as an act of vending...

So it looks like it's going to be Africa Queen crash bars then...

Have yours arrived yet AlanH..? How long did they take..?

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
How much was the quote from the engineering firm out of interest? Based on quantity I presume - and also needing a bike to work with. How many sets do they need to produce to make it worthwhile?

The mods are pretty hot on anything that looks remotely like a for sale ad from anyone who is not subscribed. Having said that, I can't see that trying to get a group buy together is really a "For Sale" ad in the conventional sense.

I was quoted 15 days for the AQ ones. I took that to mean 15 working days which is up tomorrow I think. They haven't debited my card yet so they are obviously not on their way. I'll chase them up next week but as they are Ricky Cross bars and need to be made in Italy, shipped to Germany and then shipped to the UK, I'm thinking it may be a while...

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Guys - just to give you an option, as we've just had RD07A Crashbars made and have the RD03/RD04 ones currently in production - if anyone with an XL650V can spare a bike for a couple of weeks, we can get quality crashbars stronger than the AQ (Riky Cross) ones manufactured here in the UK - and without quoting a firm price, they would be in the region of £160 a set to include all fittings etc.

let me know if you're interested - I know we would be :D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
Now you tell us :rolleyes: :D

If only I hadn't already committed to a set of AQ bars.
Sorry :( (that's Murphy's Law kicking in...............just like when I buy the latest bit of electronic kit, ........................a week before they announce a new model..........!! :mrgreen::mrgreen: )

Just to add to this - for anyone that is willing to let us have an XL650V for a couple of weeks, we do have a fully sorted 1150GS as a loan bike if your's is daily transport. :thumbup:

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
It gets worse :rolleyes:
Alan - why not bring yours down anyway?

You can enjoy a couple of weeks on an Ohlins clad German tractor............and then climb back on your Transalp to truly appreciate your slick Honda gearbox :-D:-D

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
you can borrow mine if you want - as long as I get a discount....
Marvellous :thumbright: - would be good if we could tie it in with our long awaited visit to the Fleur De Lys. We'll just have to make sure Chad is mobile :toothy10:

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
I was looking at my schedule and trying to get my TA to you reasonably quickly was going to be a pain so glad Sean's stepped forward :thumbright:

Don't forget to post lots of photos showing how much better they are than the AQ bars once I have mine fitted. Doh!

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
OK - so we will have a bike to use - cheers Sean :thumbright:

Now - over to all you XL650V owners - what are you looking for in a set of crashbars - what works?, what doesn't?, what must have features?

We're starting with a blank piece of paper, so the more info you can give us the better we can make them.

·
Registered
6,174 Posts
We're starting with a blank piece of paper, so the more info you can give us the better we can make them.
The Grave.cz bars are the ones to beat. They are sturdy offering great radiator/upper fairing protection with cross-bracing between cylinders and mounting onto the frame. If they can be made to give the bike an additional 20bhp, make it lighter and also do them free of charge, that would be ideal :D

·
Administrator
6,922 Posts
The Grave.cz bars are the ones to beat. They are sturdy offering great radiator/upper fairing protection with cross-bracing between cylinders and mounting onto the frame. If they can be made to give the bike an additional 20bhp, make it lighter and also do them free of charge, that would be ideal :D
But only if these last functions can be retro-fitted. :D

Being serious for a moment though, I think that mounts for extra lights would be popular. I got my Graves bars without the mounts but fashioned my own brackets to fit my Ring lights.

Oh, and the front mounting bolt supplied by Grave (it replaces one of the engine mounting bolts) is a socket head capscrew, but a Honda engine mounting bolt from an RD07, Part No: 90113-GY8-900, can be used to replace it as it is long enough - size is 105 mm long and 8 mm diameter.

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

41 - 60 of 97 Posts