Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are many options for my RD07A, but which one is the most gooder?

I have a leo vince on my 690, and I like it, but im not against other manufacturers. Please let me know which one I should get, which is best bang for buck? Highest performing? Lightest? whatever info you got I wanna hear it.

The stocker while very pretty and in phenomenal shape just doesn't do it for me...

Thanks for putting up with my douchebagery.:hitler:

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
If you're on a budget (like I always am, cos I'm tight) I wuld recommend the Rugged Roads Remus link pipe, and then picking up a silencer of your choice cheaply from eBay. Remus Revolution Link Pipe Kit - Detailed item view - RUGGED ROADS - Honda BMW KTM Motorcycle Accessory

If you want an off-the-shelf system, Rugged Roads has an excellent selection for your bike.

XRV750 RD07A - Items - RUGGED ROADS - Honda BMW KTM Motorcycle Accessory

On my RD04, I have a Remus system, which sounds great. On my RD07a I have an Arrow race system, with a dB killer, which it sometimes needs!!

Bob

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I hardly consider 75 GBP for a link pipe cheap. That said, could that link pipe be used to mount a stock KTM 450 EXC can? Cause I have one of those...

·
Premium Member
7,170 Posts
I hardly consider 75 GBP for a link pipe cheap. That said, could that link pipe be used to mount a stock KTM 450 EXC can? Cause I have one of those...

I wouldn't call it cheap either, I would call it a budget alternative, which is guaranteed to fit exactly, and mount an end can you might buy cheaply. To give you an idea, the last exhaust system I fitted to my RD04 was a full race carbon fibre can, which was brand new, and I luckily won on eBay for £14. Coupled to the link pipe that I already had, it was DEFINITELY cheap!

No idea about the KTM can, sorry!

·
Site Admin
2,420 Posts
The Link Pipe Kit that we sell consists of:
  • stainless steel link pipe
  • silencer mounting bracket
  • exhaust clamp
  • and springs

We started offering just this kit quite a few years ago for the simple reason of making it possible for Africa Twin owners to source their own bargain Remus silencer and then fit using this kit.

If you do your research and find out what fits what, then you can end up with a Remus system for not a lot of money - I know quite a few forum members who have done this.:thumbright:

In answer to the original question - I personally recommend the Remus systems - direct bolt on with everything included, no re-jetting required, top build quality, built for the bike - not just a generic system, and specific bracket rather than a one size fits all 'strap bracket'.

If you want the lightest - go for the Titanium (personally I'd go for the Polished Aluminium one, and just cut down on the pie intake :D:D )

None of the after-market exhausts will offer you much in the way of performance enhancement - but fitting a much lighter exhaust will by definition make you go quicker :D

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
My mates brother has got a Venom end can on his RD04, and has a very deep throaty sound to it, sounds awesome. But I cant see a Venom made for the RD07A anywhere. I'd rather have stainless steel than aluminium, and if Remus did a polished Stainless system I'd go for that, but they only seem to do a black stainless can... I might be wrong though. I like the look of the Arrow headers, are they a spot on fit? Anyone got them on their bike, what are they like after lots of heat/cold cycles??

·
Registered
93 Posts
My mates brother has got a Venom end can on his RD04, and has a very deep throaty sound to it, sounds awesome. But I cant see a Venom made for the RD07A anywhere. I'd rather have stainless steel than aluminium, and if Remus did a polished Stainless system I'd go for that, but they only seem to do a black stainless can... I might be wrong though. I like the look of the Arrow headers, are they a spot on fit? Anyone got them on their bike, what are they like after lots of heat/cold cycles??
I have a venom stainless system, I bought it off ebay soon after I purchased my @, i wanted to clean the back end up and improve the sound....which is has :D, £89 off Ebay

Attachments

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
Looking good myearsly. You can actually see the swing arm lol...

Reactions: myearsley

·
Registered
93 Posts
Cheers Loggy,
For the money, I cant complain :D

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Ended up with a new Leo Vince SBK Carbon for 200 Euro's... couldn't resist. Sounds amazing, but now without the db reducer it needs jetting.. onto that then.:hitler:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts