Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rebuild is almost finished and engine is back in one piece and in the frame so its time for the oil, going to use 10/40 but not sure whether to use mineral, semi synthetic or fully synthetic, as the oils about at the time of production were mineral based thought I'd use that but open to suggestions.

Thanks in advance

Spooch

·
Registered
1,007 Posts
Don't use fully-synth with a wet clutch; it can cause slipping. I'd use semi-synth; if they'd had that option when they built the bike, they would probably have used it. I'd only use mineral on a clapped-out rat that's due for a rebuild. Like mine.....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Don't use fully-synth with a wet clutch; it can cause slipping. I'd use semi-synth; if they'd had that option when they built the bike, they would probably have used it. I'd only use mineral on a clapped-out rat that's due for a rebuild. Like mine.....

Thanks for the reply, semi synthetic was what I was thinking, then found a gallon in the workshop, bike is a genuine barn find with only 4000 miles on the clock, restoration is almost finished, just got to sort out the electrics, lights etc, fired it up today and started 2nd kick, ticks over beautifully, Excellent !!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts