Honda XRV Forum banner
6K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Paul-S 
#1 ·
Morning!

I am on the look out for an AT but cant decide which model would best suit me! I ve used the search facility and come across a few threads discussing the models but I am still torn!
I love the look and style of the RDO4 but can you still get pannier racks, screens etc or is the RD07 more the practical option for everyday use and occasional touring?
Ive owned and riden many bikes and always hankered afer a Twin, just which one?!

#2 ·
I had an RD07 and now own an RD04.
The 04 seems a little livelier acceleration wise and about an inch or so taller. Parts like racks and screens seem to be available.
I prefer the 04, but my 07 model was tired when I got hold of it.
The 04 model is way better looking in my book and seems a bit better put together.

#4 ·
Jester, welcome to the forum

You can get bits but limited suppliers

If you are commuting / everyday the RD07/a might be a better real world option

I have both

The RD07a has taken me everywhere without complaint. The RD04 is livelier as has been said, a bit more grunt. Fuel differences between the 2 are large

The RD07a can range between 50-70 mpg

The RD04 will do late 40s no matter how it gets ridden

Both set up by the same mechanic that did all my race bikes

I like the look of the RD04 but they are getting more rare and most are 25 years old now

Here's mine

Land vehicle Vehicle Motorcycle Motorcycling Motor vehicle

#7 ·
Quick question Paul ..... the tool tube attached to the front of the bash plate, where did u source those from ?

Jester, welcome to the forum

You can get bits but limited suppliers

If you are commuting / everyday the RD07/a might be a better real world option

I have both

The RD07a has taken me everywhere without complaint. The RD04 is livelier as has been said, a bit more grunt. Fuel differences between the 2 are large

The RD07a can range between 50-70 mpg

The RD04 will do late 40s no matter how it gets ridden

Both set up by the same mechanic that did all my race bikes

I like the look of the RD04 but they are getting more rare and most are 25 years old now

Here's mine

View attachment 82146

#5 ·
Thanks very much for the replies.

Thanks for your welcome Paul and your advice, your bikes look fantastic! I have to say your RDO4 looks exactly what I am after! I ve seen the Engine bars on the Wemoto website but where did you get your pannier rack?? It will also match my 92 Fireblade!

#6 ·
Hi Jester

The racks are genuine Honda (made by Givi)

The rear rack is a mix of RD03 rack and some home made supporting bars

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.