Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, fellow riders - spring time is coming!
I just bought an Arrow Paris Dakar exhaust for my RD04, but when trying to mount it, I found that I can´t fit it, as long as I have my luggage rack on - and I don´t remember which brand it is... So, guys and dolls, may I ask for your recommended luggage rack, from those of you, who have Arrow Paris-Dakar exhaust on your great bike? I might just have a guy do some welding on my rack, but...
Thanks!
Jacob

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, een705 - I am going to have a closer look at my rack after work today, but it would take some time to look over the internet to compare and find my rack. I don´t know if theres a difference between the RD07 and RD04 regarding this, but will look at ´04´s, to make sure. Thanks, again!

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
I had ammo boxes fitted on my Dommie before I converted it to a scrambler and I still have parts of the frame in my box of bits.
You could make it fit your bike with a bit of welding and fusking if you want to drop by and take a look.
I live on Fyn 15km south of Odense in Årslev if your interested...
PM me with your contact info if you think it might help.:thumbup:

·
Registered
146 Posts
Scouseviking, I'm in Esbjerg this week, Pity I don't have my bike over here!

Cheers

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Hi, Frostguiding! Thanks for your reply, which I find very useful. If at all possible, it would be great to see a pic of it... I suppose it was the rack you cut, and that it was the one going round below the rear plast shield, the middle one? I will try to find someone to weld a new piece of tube on it, to keep all three attachment points. I might be hysterical :) Thanks, again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi, Frostguiding! Thanks for your reply, which I find very useful. If at all possible, it would be great to see a pic of it... I suppose it was the rack you cut, and that it was the one going round below the rear plast shield, the middle one? I will try to find someone to weld a new piece of tube on it, to keep all three attachment points. I might be hysterical :icon_smile: Thanks, again!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
20170320_173959.jpg
Here it is - I am going to have to change the tube that goes below the rear side panel. And I had hoped to go riding now... :( Anyway, it´s probably waaaay too cold for that now. :p

·
Registered
161 Posts
Yes, I cut off the tube that goes below the side panel. It was a tight fit with the original exhaust anyway, and no way it would fit with the Arrow. I don't have hard panniers and use the rack mainly for protection and attachment points for soft bags and bungees but it feels pretty solid without that bracket.
P1130483.jpg
P1110774.jpg

1 - 14 of 14 Posts