Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
(Getting my excuse in late, as usual)

Couldn't attend on account of being in Corsica (not by bike though)

Could be Ullapool though. Bike spotting point of interest, some lovely :hitler: engineering on posers quayside in Calvi:

Anyway, the point of the thread, decided to take a trip up home, near Gairloch, myself today, & apart from many-degree lower temps than recently experienced, was a great ride, 330 miles of varying highland road surfaces -

No prizes for guessing the locations, just some glowing self-congratulation. Hopefully will add some more in the next couple of days, before the rain arrives! Holidays taste goooood!

·
Premium Member
6,168 Posts
You were noticeable by your absence in Ullapool I wondered where you had got to.

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta Boris, could have used another helping of the TLD-type camaraderie sure enough, but personal circumstances and all that. Hard to let it go when so close to my stomping grounds too. Enjoying reading the various reports - maybe some extracts could be sent to the tourist board ;)

Only regret on todays ride was riding by 'Castle Aarrgghh!!' (aka Castle Stalker) and not stopping for a suitably posed photo (couldn't see how to get down)

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pleasant to have the time to ride around & enjoy the view today, e.g. these from the local area, near the North end of Loch Maree (whose adjacent road hopefully played host to a few members wheels last weekend) and looking south west to Skye and Rona from Red Point;

Happy Days!

·
RetroPhrenologist
329 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, I aint leaving a thread unfinished...
Took a little comfort-zone pushing yesterday up some forestry trails, not exactly trials level but got a pleasant tingle

Above is the old road to Loch Maree from Gairloch, or what's left of it.

So that's it, back to Edinburgh today via the Cairngorms; unfortunately the winds were so strong didn't have time to check the scenery.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts