Honda XRV Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did my trip to college in Guildford today, slid out of the road sideways but OK on the ice generally. I will give the council their due, the main routes were absolutely fine, they must have thrown some serious salt down.

Hosed the AT off before putting it away though!

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Just watch out for the burst water main on Foxes corner, there was ice right across the road yesterday, it was crazy:confused:

Rog:(

·
21st Century Schizoid Man
2,428 Posts
Did my trip to college in Guildford today, slid out of the road sideways but OK on the ice generally. I will give the council their due, the main routes were absolutely fine, they must have thrown some serious salt down.

Hosed the AT off before putting it away though!
Hells Bells, I wish I had/could chronyx! I was sat on the M62 15 miles from home heading for Halifax and the time was 7.10am... at 10.38am, I had reached 22.6 miles from home and the other paid up members of the Friends of the M62 had the dubious pleasure of watching me have a wee while pretending nobody was looking :hello2:

I'm still at the office now because there's little point in heading out of the town until about 6.30 and I tell ya - I've had enough of this shlapping about in a car :protest:

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
On the Bagshot road just outside Guildford, you would turn right there to go back to Bagshot just before the big crematorium (handy that LOL!)

Rog.

·
Registered
12,768 Posts
Having ridden a CX500 in snow a foot deep I have no worries about riding my TA in this weather.

As long as you take it easy and are gentle with the throttle and brakes it is no harder than riding off road.

·
I need a hug!
1,231 Posts
Those old CXs tho, they were great in snow, I used mine for years everyday in all weathers sound as a pound, Gees, I still miss that old thing:confused:

Rog.

·
Registered
3,086 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it was OK, interesting ride with the head bearings going though, like trying to steer a recalcitrant cow at some points!

·
2 bikes = twice as happy
4,354 Posts
who biked it today then???? Me, but I think the North West escaped both the worst of the cold and the snow (none). The worst bit was all the grey Kak kicked up from lorries and cars - my gear is filthy and visor and helmet doubly so.

I am leaving work shortly for a very cold and dirty (oh err) ride home.

·
Top Cat
1,636 Posts
Not me. My drive was dusted with snow this morning, so I took the slightly warmer option. After my 50-minute drive to work there was still snow on the bonnet of my car.

By the time I arrived home this evening the snow was still on the bonnet of the car.

Mind you, I only saw one car parked in a hedge - the roads were pretty ice-free.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Yeah, no problem. No snow and only a half hour journey each way though, so not much chance for the cold to get through. Have ridden in snow. If it's fresh and deep it's easier to ride than slush!

·
Registered
782 Posts
We Urallers are PRAYING for some PROPER snow. :D :D

·
Hill Rider
3,089 Posts
Course I did!!!! :mrgreen:

Was only minus 4 / 5 this morning, with a thin layer of frost covering the roads! Nothing to worry about :rolleyes:

·
"call me lucky"
728 Posts
Looked out of the window at 4.30 this morning to find 2 inches of snow on the drive and thought sod that as i got back into my nice warm bed.:sleepy2:

·
bigtrailie admin
4,710 Posts
I got no choice these days, missus has the car for work so for me its either the bike or shanks pony I opted for the bike even with the snow......its all good experience:confused:

·
Premium Member
10,746 Posts
Me
I left 5.15am and was the first one in our road to leave tracks:hitler:
Couple of twitchy moments on some round abouts but otherwise fine.Love riding in the snow:rolleyes::D
Lets see how tomorrow morning goes:thumbup:

·
Geeking it out!
1,061 Posts
Like Digital Captive, I have no choice so bike it was, once on the main roads it was fine, apart from getting a big flake of snow right in my eye just as I was negotiating a junction so couldn't see for a few seconds.

By the time I was on the road it was only -1 anyway, almost tropical :D:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,523 Posts
Yes I rode in to Bristol no probs in warm and sunny Weston super Mare even though it was dark and cold. :D
No ice though.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts