Honda XRV Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think there are 6 or more of us travelling from the north west. So, at the risk of being a bit premature if we want to go down as a group can I suggest the following:

Meet at Lymm Truck stop, M6 Junction 20. Leave here at 9.00am.

Go via M6/M56/M53/A483 round Chester to Wrexham. (all boring motorway or dual carriageway)

Then depending on weather either stay on A483 to Ruabon then Lllangollen to Corwen OR A525 and Horseshoe pass to Langollen to Corwen OR ignore Horshoe pass and stay on A5104 to Corwen (this bit goes over some highish hills, hence the weather thing)

Corwen via Bala to Dolgellau. Stop for fuel and food at Little Chef just outside Dolgellau. ETA here about 11.00-11.30 Leave here 12.00.

Dolgellau to Machynlleth to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Cardigan. Stop for fuel & food at Tesco just outside Cardigan (from memory). ETA here 2.00ish. Leave at 2.30

Cardigan to bunk house ETA 3.30

I did this route by car a couple of years ago so will probably find my way again (a bit vague on the chester/wrexham bit, and I think we have some option at Dolgellau/Machynlleth) otherwise its pretty straightforward and I reckon about 4-5 hours +stops (autoroute says 180miles from J20 and 4hours 37 mins (its a bit of target that actually)).

I am happy to lead, but don't shout at me when I take a wrong turn or if anyone has a better route or idea I am equally happy to follow.

If anyone wants to join en-route the let us know via this thread.

·
Registered
7,750 Posts
Austin, yep, we'll be up for that, got sat-nav if you want us to keep on route. Pace might be down a bit on the twisties as I'm looking at loading the bike up a bit. :rolleyes:

Phil

·
"call me lucky"
729 Posts
will meet up with you guys at machynlleth if thats ok. straight over from the mids.:thumbright:

·
2,701 Posts
talked with hudders yesterday was planning same time scale and similar route.(great minds think alike :rolleyes: :iconbiggrin: )

was thinking other side of chester, queensferry-mold-ruthin (A494) this way we could pick up vulcan +paulS (the wirral + runcorn) at end of M56.

meet up with samben at machynleth have stop/brew

plenty time to arrange but at least were all on same wavelength

·
Premium Member
4,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am easy as to exact route, we just need to know where people want to join and then be there. There's a service station on the M56 near Frodsham and on the A55 just after the M56 runs out.

Samben, Machynlleth sounds fine. Do you know a suitable landmark - preferably with food/drink, I can't remember the place at all.

·
"call me lucky"
729 Posts
I am easy as to exact route, we just need to know where people want to join and then be there. There's a service station on the M56 near Frodsham and on the A55 just after the M56 runs out.

Samben, Machynlleth sounds fine. Do you know a suitable landmark - preferably with food/drink, I can't remember the place at all.
Never been there before but will sort it and let you know.:thumbright:

·
chicken chaser
1,554 Posts
I think there are 6 or more of us travelling from the north west. So, at the risk of being a bit premature if we want to go down as a group can I suggest the following:

Meet at Lymm Truck stop, M6 Junction 20. Leave here at 9.00am.

Go via M6/M56/M53/A483 round Chester to Wrexham. (all boring motorway or dual carriageway)

Then depending on weather either stay on A483 to Ruabon then Lllangollen to Corwen OR A525 and Horseshoe pass to Langollen to Corwen OR ignore Horshoe pass and stay on A5104 to Corwen (this bit goes over some highish hills, hence the weather thing)

Corwen via Bala to Dolgellau. Stop for fuel and food at Little Chef just outside Dolgellau. ETA here about 11.00-11.30 Leave here 12.00.

Dolgellau to Machynlleth to Aberystwyth

Aberystwyth to Cardigan. Stop for fuel & food at Tesco just outside Cardigan (from memory). ETA here 2.00ish. Leave at 2.30

Cardigan to bunk house ETA 3.30

I did this route by car a couple of years ago so will probably find my way again (a bit vague on the chester/wrexham bit, and I think we have some option at Dolgellau/Machynlleth) otherwise its pretty straightforward and I reckon about 4-5 hours +stops (autoroute says 180miles from J20 and 4hours 37 mins (its a bit of target that actually)).

I am happy to lead, but don't shout at me when I take a wrong turn or if anyone has a better route or idea I am equally happy to follow.

If anyone wants to join en-route the let us know via this thread.
it sounds like a plan so put me down for it

:thumbleft::thumbleft: :cool:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
As Airwolf said great minds think alike :D

WE have a CONVOY :D:D

Simon

·
"call me lucky"
729 Posts
There is a big clock tower in the centre of Machynlleth on the junction of A487 and A489. I can meet you guys there. All i need now is an ETA.:thumbright:

·
Shorter member :-)
1,944 Posts
I vote we all ride down to Wales together :thumbright:

Not bothered how we get there, when we set off or owt ;)

Just want a laugh & a beer :D:D

Carnt wait:D

·
OVALTEENY !!!
6,063 Posts
Ive sent a PM with my mobile number on to Airwolf

It might be a good idea to forward this so that those of us travelling together have contact numbers

What do you think?

·
2,701 Posts
Ive sent a PM with my mobile number on to Airwolf

It might be a good idea to forward this so that those of us travelling together have contact numbers

What do you think?
That's a good idea Paul.

OK, I already have mobile numbers for HUDDERS and Pigugly,and now Paul-S.
If the rest of the posse would like to PM me with mobile numbers, I will make a list then PM the list to everybody concerned.
Regards
Len

·
cyril,wirral,squirrel
108 Posts
hi fellas, just a little worried that i'll hold you up on this trip as my riding experience, to say the least is short.
so if i start to lag behind, i'll find my own way and meet you there.

oh! and will two bottles of scotch be enough?:drunken:

·
2,701 Posts
hi fellas, just a little worried that i'll hold you up on this trip as my riding experience, to say the least is short.
so if i start to lag behind, i'll find my own way and meet you there.

oh! and will two bottles of scotch be enough?:drunken:
No worries, Pigugly will be 2 up + luggage so the pace should'nt be too fast.

Two bottles :confused:.......you obviously have'nt met this lot before :rolleyes::D:D:D

1 - 20 of 43 Posts